“Service indifferent and food only ok”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #405 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A relatively new location and we stopped in for an early dinner while at the mall. While the hostess was friendly, the waitress was indifferent - just not personable and rather abrupt. The honey wheat bread was good and they do keep bringing more. Salad was fresh and cold. Striploin steaks were extremely seasoned - had to scrape off the seasoning from mine since it was just far too salty. Both steaks were underdone - medium rare was actually close to rare and while I do like a red center - this was just too rare at one end to finish. The butternut squash in the risotto was underdone - still crunchy. The baked sweet potato was also underdone - though the cinnamon butter was a nice touch. Overall at close to $50 for meals and pop, we would not return.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This steakhouse has not been opened long at the Mall and decided to try it for lunch before we dove right in and had dinner there. The people were very friendly and professional. The food was very good. The shrimp and lobster chowder was delicious as was the shaved prime rib sandwich. The only complaint I have is there are no handicap parking spaces anywhere near the restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food at this restaurant was awesome. We had the new fried asparagus with fresh Parmesan Cheese & we share a 18 oz bone in Rib eye cooked to perfection. They also have the best honey wheat bread served hot. This place is brand new & right outside the mall. We will diffidently go back again.

1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant has only been in Corpus Christi for a few weeks. It is located in LaPalmera Mall.
My husband and I are senior citizens and expect a lot when we go to a restaurant and this restaurant did not disappoint. The waiter and waitstaff were outstanding. The manager came by to see if we were satisfied. I had the best chicken fried steak I have had in many years and the mashed potatoes were creamery and better than the ones I have been making for over 50 years.
I hope this will continue and they will be a success for many years.