Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi
$138
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Near Texas A&M - Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$96
$85
ComfortSuites
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$112
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$120
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$117
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$109
$150
EmbassySuites.com
$155
$93
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
$134
$127
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstexas roadhousemovie theaterbasketball courtfull kitchenceiling fanwalking distanceevening receptionhome away from homebusiness tripvery nice hotelwould stay here againexcellent staygreat place to stayparking lotpadre islandihopwalmart
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This Homewood is located literally under the HWY 358 and 286 intersections. If traveling on either of these you will be able to see it below. I found it by exiting the next exit, turning right on Holly, then following Holly to the next light, turn right to the service road. Just think of it as a big square. I don't have a GPS device which means I had to "old school" how I found it. Once you have found it you shouldn't have any problems. Aim for IHOP and you won't pass it. The service road is one way so make sure you don't pass it or you'll have to drive to Holly again and make the square.
The location is great in regard to conveniences. There is an IHOP, Texas Road House, Golden Corral, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Fuddruckers within walking distance. You are really close to huge movie theater; and that sits next to a Wal-Mart. If you are going to be staying for a while this would be a great place.
The rooms are all standard in quality to the Homewood Suites family. They are showing some wear but not to a point to make you feel as if this property isn't maintained.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank fquinter
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Arms on furniture very dirty and room needed painting bad! On top of that, I forgot a pair of shoes in the closet on departure. Had to call several times while they checked with housekeeping. Finally the receptionist said they had my shoes and even told me what brand they were. She said she would have the manager ship them to me. Waited a week or so, nothing! Called again talked to Oscar the manager and he said he would check and return by call in half an hour. NOTHING! I have left messages on Oscar's voice mail, NOTHING! Funny how almost new shoes aren't returned? Common size 8! This is not HILTON quality!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
JGabbert, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

We understand that vacations are very important, and we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We are sorry our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We will certainly keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.

Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I went to Corpus from Brownsville to spend Valentines Weekend. I booked our stay thru HHonors for a rate of $99/night plus tax. The total stay was to cost us $224 and when we checked out we received the express checkout saying that my CC was going to be charged the $224 but when I checked my account in the Hotels business center my card was charged $261. I then went to the front desk and asked the lady there to look into the charge. She then told me that they put a hold on the credit card and that it would come off by end of business that day. That was Sunday. I then called Hilton HHonors to report that my card had not been refunded the difference, and they said al they could do was E-mail the hotel and that the hotel had 72 hours to respond to the e-mail. This is bulls*it! They can charge your card in a matter of seconds but it will probabley take an entire week for me to see my refund. I am going to call the manager today and see what he has to say. It's not much money they owe me, it's the principle of the matter. I do not like it when companies like this just make up rules as they go along. It this is not resolved today I am gong to cancel my HHonors account and do business with Priority Club, Hyatt Passport, Marriot Rewards etc. I am a member to all. Oh, and by the way today is Wednesday. That is three days with no resolution on this problem.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank subzero7114
Reviewed November 2, 2009

This Homewood Suites is a little older than some of the nice new ones that I have stayed in recently and it showed. The rooms are just a little dated in general. They are large and have all of the amenities of any HS, but the room that I was in had a few small problems. The desk chair was broken. Its' back was permanently in a too far forward position that made it unusable. I used a table chair instead, no problem. I put the desk chair aside, making it plainly obvious it's condition, but the housekeeping staff left it in that position for a week. So I had a broken chair in the living room for a week with no place to really store it. Of course, I could have called the front desk and had this taken care of, but I shouldn't have to do so. For a week my room did not have a trash can in the kitchen or under the sink in the bathroom area. Most HS's have both of these convenient trash areas. It did have two small trash cans in the suite, but those just weren't enough. No other trash cans were ever added to the room on my return as I had hoped they might, again I could have called, but again I shouldn't have to. There were a number of small knats in the living room, which I had to kill, about 30 of them. This was a little disconcerting, but after they were all dead no more decided to enter the room. I think they had flown in when housekeeping had cleaned the room and left the door open, since my room #123 was near an exit door. The lobby area during breakfast was very hot, and I know the AC was on, because the rest of the hotel common areas were not that hot, so the AC is too weak to overpower the heat of the breakfast warmer/containers. There was a fire in one of the rooms on down the hall, but that is not the hotel's fault and they handled it quickly, and with minimal disruption. Oh, and there was a carnival with rides going in the movie theatre parking lot next to the hotel, which generated some noise, but was more an eyesore than anything else. The location is near a lot of restaurants and a Wal-mart, and though they only have one entrance driveway it is pretty easy to get in and out of. I am not sure that there is a whole lot better in Corpus for the price, looking at the city that I see, so this could be a possibility for me in the future, though I would like to try the Embassy Suites out, even though it doesn't look all that great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I have always had good luck with Hilton and this was no different. We checked in early at almost 2 o'clock. Rooms were exceptionally clean, stocked with all the necessities though we were short linens for the pull out sofa which was no big deal. We just went to the front desk and was given one right away. Rooms were cool and hallways quiet. Breakfast was okay. Nothing to rave about though the orange juice seemed to be watered down a bit. Upon entering our room after check-in, the door was open a crack. We knock upon entering thinking maybe they gave us a room that was already occupied. No, it was the maintenance guy. He said he was finishing up on a service call though I think he was catching up on his Nascar Races since when we walked in the TV was on Nascar. It was no big deal as long as he wasn't laying on the bed. But all in all we would stay here again. Great location near restarurants, stores, and movie theater, clean rooms, lots of extras like excercise room, swimming pool, and basketball court.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family