“Great place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi
Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Corpus Christi Homewood Suites is a great place to stay an in a very convient location. Although I was on a business trip, I observed many families enjoying the very nice pool area and we all enjoyed the excellent breakfast and evening Managers reception. The extra space provided by the suite with it's seperate living room area, eat-in kitchenette and seperate bedroon is most welcome. I highly recommed this Homewood Suite to anyone visiting the area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodCC, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hi David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some positive feedback on your experience here with us at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Staff is extremely friendly. I did not feel as if the room was cleaned to a high enough standard. I used Clorox wipes to make myself feel better about the room condition. The rooms could use updating. I expected higher quality since the hotel carries the "Hilton" name.

1  Thank Kristy D

Hi Kristy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your experience with us here at the Homewood Suites. I am very sorry you felt like your stay was "average". We truly try our best to make sure our rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. I will definitely address this issue with our housekeeping staff. As far as the updating goes, we are working with upper management on getting the approval for a renovation. We truly appreciate your business and hope to give us a second chance on staying with us. Thank you!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

From the start and throughout my stay the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast had a great selection and was very good. Appreciated how accomodating the management was allowing me to use their conference room for a small meeting on a short notice. Even the painting contractor they had working in stairwell was very nice and helpful. Had a great stay here.

Hi William,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your stay here at the Homewood Suites. I am very glad you had a great stay, and we hope to see you again very soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We moved to this hotel after a bad experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel was great -- clean, comfortable, and in a convenient location. Even the pullout couch was above average. While it is close to the highway, you don't hear any of the noise from the rooms, and the hotel doesn't "feel" like it's near the highway. It was actually better than the other hotels in that respect than the others on SPID. Texas shaped waffles at the breakfast were a nice touch too!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank William S

Hi William,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your experience here with us at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was okay. The staff was very nice. The evening meal was excellent! I had to drive around in search of the hotel and was becoming quite frustrated. The hotel is tucked away and hard to find. I usually stay at the HGI on Padre Island. Perhaps I'll stay there (HGI) again next trip to avoid the hassle of try to find this hotel.

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. I am so sorry you had a difficult time in finding the hotel. We are currently trying to get an approval from upper management on making another entrance to the hotel. We also have been working with google maps to make our location address more easily accessible on GPS systems. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this issue, and I hope you will choose to stay with us here again the next time you make it down to Corpus Christi, TX.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel. I wish I could give it an overall 3.5--it wasn't quite a 4. We are Hilton Honors members, so we're used to Hilton properties, but this is the first time we've stayed at a Homewood Suites. The staff at this location was fantastic. The location is good--easy access to the highway; Walmart (an older one), restaurants, and a theater are nearby. The suite had a pool view and was a nice size. We were there only there two nights, but it would be a GREAT size for an extended stay. The bedroom was separate and there was a full kitchenette. The air conditioner worked very well--which is such a plus in humid, coastal areas.My only complaint about the room (and really about our stay) was that it was a non-smoking room, but it didn't smell like it. It smelled like a smoking room that had been treated with some kind of air freshener. In defense of the hotel, I did not complain about it since everything else was fine, but it was really bothering me by the end of our stay. Our room and the lobby were clean, but the hallways and elevator could have used some vacuuming. The pool and hot tub area is very nice, and there is a patio with barbecue grills. The breakfast was pretty standard for a free hotel breakfast--nothing to complain about. There were enough good things about our stay that we will try this hotel again, but I'll mention the "smoker smell" when we check in. The staff was so friendly, I feel like they will do everything they can to accommodate us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Trisha,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and really respect your valid comments. I am very sorry that your non-smoking room smelled "smoky". I will definitely mention that to my housekeeping and front desk staff to make sure this does not happen again. Once again, thank you for you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

There were large, visible stains on the couch and chair in my room which was disgusting. I had to use the extra sheet in my closet and place on the couch so I could sit down. The room and lobby had an unpleasant odor and the entire property is in need of maintenance and updating. Old and dingy rooms

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodCC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Todd E,

Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not. We are committed to ensuring your stay with us is a perfect. I am disheartened that we failed to fulfill that commitment to you. Your overall satisfaction is our number one priority. This is not the service we strive to provide.

I was disappointed to read that your overall experience was far below what you would expect. I am quite frankly embarrassed that we failed to meet your expectations. I assure you we work very hard to make each guest stay an outstanding experience. I apologize that the couch in your room was in such deplorable condition. I am currently in the process of receiving new ones. I know that this does help with your most recent stay but I want you to know that we are aware of the situation and working on it getting fixed. I am sorry that you had to experience it. I am unaware of an odor in the room or lobby but I will investigate it further. I assure you have a strict and thorough preventative maintenance program for our rooms. I am surprised to hear that you say the room is in need of maintenance. Would you please let me know what you think is poorly maintained, so we can correct it. Again your satisfaction is our number one priority. It is my genuine hopes that next time you are in Corpus Christi you give us another chance to experience our warm and sincere hospitality. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Hilton.

Warm Regards,