“Older, nonelegant Hilton”

Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Bend, Oregon
“Older, nonelegant Hilton”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Other Homewood suites I have stayed at have been more elegant. This one was far from it, with tiny rooms, musty smelling hallways, soiled sofa cushions and a multicolored outdated bedspread [that I know hadn't been washed before I arrived.] In addition, there was a carnival next door and screams, as well as machinery noises, were heard well past my bedtime. The luggage cart had wobbly wheels and was very difficult to manuever. I dreaded the thought of staying 8 nights there, so I moved after the first night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodCC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Amber A,

I sincerely apologize that you had such a poor stay with us. We always hope each guest has a great experience. I am sorry to hear that you had to make the decision to check out earlier than expected. This is not what we strive for. I am sorry that your feel our hotel is outdated. We actually have new bed spreads coming in that will make such a huge difference in the room. All our rooms our suites, so I am curious what room type you received, because we have large rooms with full kitchens. The carnival comes next door at random times and unfortunately we have no control on the process. The carnival and location are approved through the city. I wish we could have it moved, we have tried before, but to no avail. I am sorry it was such an inconvenience to you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Aaron Bedik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel twice and have enjoyed it both times. Hotel staff is very helpful and the second time the hotel clerk arranged for our 3 rooms to either be adjoining or right across the hall from each other. Rooms are very clean. the complimentary breakfast is also appreciated.

Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for such an excellent five star review. I am pleased the you have always enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy the staff went the extra mile for you, and your accommodations were great. Thank you for staying with us, it was a pleasure to have you, and hear your stay was terrific. We look forward to your next one.

Floresville, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been visiting this hotel for a group business around 8 or 9 years. I am always satisfied with the facility, the staff and the overall environment of the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and go above what is in the job description to make our stay a good one. They succeed every time. They all welcome me by my name upon entering the door every year. They make it personal. Thank you to the entire staff from Mrs. Stewart

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mrs. Stewart,

Thank you so much for the great comments about the staff and the property. We really enjoy having your group year after year. I am happy that we have such a great partnership together. We look forward to hosting your group next year.

Lynchburg, VA, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel provided an A+ experience from the time we arrived until we checked out. The suites are large, well furnished and appointed and totally clean. I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Corpus Christi.

Dear Carl D M,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Hilton. I am very happy to hear that you rated your stay an A+ experience. We always want to provide each guest a memorable stay. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback on your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Plainfield, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel is great. We liked it from the time we walked in the front door til the time we left. The room was spacious and functional. The meals were well prepared and different each day. They even have a basketball court onsite. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Corpus Christi area.

Dear Jeffrey R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate your business and are delighted to be your “home away from home” while in Corpus Christi. Thank you for all the nice comments regarding your accommodations. We want to ensure each guest stay is outstanding. We always strive to be the cleanest, safest and friendliest hotel. I am pleased to hear that we accomplished that for you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again on your return trip to the area.

Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites-Corpus Christi location over spring break. We've stayed at the same location before, and had been pleased previously with the cleanliness of the room. However, during our most recent stay, the bathroom seemed dirty. In the bathtub, there was a something stuck in the tub as if it had not been cleaned properly. In the bedroom, the vents were full of dust and the bed was uncomfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodCC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Leticia G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the most recent experience at our property did not meet your expectations as it has in the past. We are committed to ensuring your stay with us is a perfect. Your overall satisfaction is our number one priority. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness in your room was less than perfect. It is unacceptable to have a room in that condition. I am sorry we did not do a great job in your room. I will share your feedback with our staff and ensure that this does not happen again. I will investigate your room and have it thoroughly inspected further. I assure you that we take great pride in keeping our property clean and well maintained. Your room seems to have been overlooked and for that I am sorry, especially if you were inconvenienced in any way. We appreciate your business and continued loyalty to the Homewood Suites. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Corpus Christi.

Please feel free to reach me by email crphw.gm@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,

Irving, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Its the worst experience i ever had, first time i have tried to use my points, and using 30000 points for a night? i would only pay 4000 points max for one night. This property for 30000 points a night? its a joke, this property should be for 3000 to 4000 points per night to the max, and in the location they mentioned that its by the sea, its by the walmart and IHOP, that tells you the location of this property.

Dear Eswar,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to ensuring your stay with us is a perfect. I am disheartened to hear that it was the worse experience you have ever had. Your overall satisfaction is our number one priority. I understand how upsetting it can be to not have your room serviced. This is not the service we strive to provide. I assure you, Eswar, that circumstance is not commonplace and I am not pleased to hear that.

We have no control, on how many points it costs to redeem for our property. The amount is set by Hilton and for all Homewood Suites it is 30,000 points. Each of the Hilton brands has a specific category and each category has a different redemption level. I am sorry you don’t feel that we were worth 30,000 points. I believe we have a great hotel, with great employees, who strive to provide an excellent guest experience, and are sorry that we did not execute that for you. The rating that you gave us is completely fair, if we did not meet your expectations. I wish we could have done things differently to ensure your satisfaction.

We do not advertise ourselves to be by the sea, we are 20 miles from the beach as stated on our website. I am sorry if there was any confusion on that. That was never our intention to represent ourselves in any other way. Again your satisfaction is our number one priority. I hope that next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Hilton.

Please feel free to reach me at crphw.gm@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance to you.

Thank you.