“Wish I could rate the service with a lower number!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Wish I could rate the service with a lower number!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not only did they not give us the room that we reserved, the employees were incredibly rude and then to top it all off my $462.03 night stay turned into a $900 charge on my credit card and I was told by the front desk I don't really know why your card was charged so much extra....REALLY?? You bill my credit card almost double and you can't tell me why??? If you stay here make sure you check your bill closely because they also let anyone charge stuff to your room from the hotel store. I travel ALOT for work, I have a travel bag packed at all times so that I don't forget something and have to pay the prices at those hotel stores!! This place has some con artist working for them evidently...

• Stayed August 2013
HomewoodCC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Christi0128,

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to ensuring your stay with us is more than satisfactory, and I am disheartened that we failed to fulfill that commitment to you. I understand how upsetting it can be to have your credit card overcharged. This is not the service we strive to provide.

We do apologize that your credit card was overcharged, and we take full responsibility for the computer error that caused this issue. As we did make the mistake, we wanted to correct it and took care of all the charges for your three night stay. I understand how frustrating an issue like this can be when you are on vacation, so I felt that providing a complimentary stay was the least we could do to make the situation right for you. Please know that your satisfaction is our number one priority. I hope that next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Hilton.

Please feel free to reach me by email crphw.gm@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,

Aaron Bedik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rising Star, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed July 24 to 28, 2013. Overall rating is good, so I will not dwell on the good, just say facility, desk staff, breakfast very good. Housekeeping gets a failing grade. Bathroom in lobby was just as dirty and fouled the day we left as the day we arrived. Three request for room clean-up and towels in one day seems to be the norm. My wife brought an extra pair of sock just to wear in the room (never go bare foot in a hotel) and by the end of our stay they were black on the bottom. Pool area littered with butts and trash. Location is very good for city access on highways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atnip2007
HomewoodCC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear atnip2007,

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that the staff, facility and breakfast were very good. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues that you experienced while staying with us. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of guest service and cleanliness to each and every guest. I am disheartened that we failed on that latter part of that commitment to you and your wife.

I assure you that requesting housekeeping service three times in a day is not the norm. I do not know why it took so long for you to receive housekeeping service but I will investigate. I am sorry that the bottom of your socks became black from the room. We take pride in keeping all in room carpets cleaned and well maintained. I hope that next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Hilton.

Warm regards,

Aaron Bedik
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had stayed at the Broussard LA Homewood Suites and the experience was excellent. This location was a disappointment. The Breakfast selection was not as extensive as Broussard and seemed not very creative. The room seemed not as clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank David K
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked the hotel a couple days in advance based on the reviews.The entrance is a little weird and they only have ONE entrance/exit onto the property. The hotel was clean as well as the pool; however, when we arrived, we were checked in right away and given directions to our room. When we found our room, the cleaning crew were in the middle of cleaning it and we were told to wait in the hall about 15 minutes. The guy who check us in came down the hall and i told him the room wasn't ready and the only response i got was, "Oh" and he kept walking. The maids were nice to hurry up with their cleaning and apologized. We had to endure the loud dishwasher for at least 15 minutes. Kids had a great time in the pool, didn't get a chance to check out the breakfast because of plans. We were awoken by screaming kids at 2:30am running up and down the hall. When I mentioned it to the front desk, her response was, "Yeah, we have a lot of kids staying here." - All in all, we'd probably go back if the hotel was the only one left.

austin, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went down to CC for work, and took my husband and son. The hotel was very family friendly, and staff was helpful and nice. They are not far from the beach, though you do need a car. I noticed alot of other families, and it was nice to have a full kitchen with a child.

lawton, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a great property, I'll recommend to any one in the corpus Christi area. First the staff is excellent willing and able to assist you with anything, at anytime. When you arrive you'll find a smiling face ready to help you and the same atittude continue till you depart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Carpets and bed linens were damp to the point we could not sleep. We were offered new linens but had to change them our selves but because the mattress pad was damp the new linens were instantly damp as well. The food did not taste good at all, we had to just eat the bagels and pastries which were dry from sitting out too long .