“Hidden Treasure of Corpus Christi, Wonderful Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Free Breakfast, Free Continental dinner, free and very fast WIFI, very close to the airport. One block away from Walmart, IHOP and the movie theater. Excellent Hotel all around. The rooms are excellent, clean, and LCD in every room. It is the hidden treasure of Corpus Christi. Equipped with Kitchen,Stove, full utensils, Microwave and a fridge. Rooms are cleaned and changed daily. The hotel is very clean and it is one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. I would recommend it to everyone on a business or leisure travel. You get a free pass to Gold Gym plus there is a gym on premises with free towels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pros: rooms are large and equipped with full kitchens
Cons: the A/C in our room did not work properly, we were told that we would not have to pay for the room but it took several follow ups with the Hotel to get our refund. The breakfast was very bland. I don't expect much when getting a free breakfast but it was really disappointing.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Homewood suites is a very good hotel. Rooms are very big, with a complete equiped kitchen, spotless clean and elegant.
Breakfast was also very good with different menu from a day to next one.
The only downside of this hotel was the location. everything else was perfect,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

On 11/27/12, after a very long day I got to the hotel late. The front desk clerk greeted me promply and warmly. The poor lady later had to make me a new key, as I was so tired, when I went to my car I locked myself out. Despite the fact that she was dealing with some unruly guests who, apparently, didn't know how hotl reservatins systems worked, and had screwed up their reservations (she was so patient and helpful - I would have told them to find another hotel!), she was cheerful and consoling about my embarrassment at my mistake. The room was great. Spotless and well appointed, with a bed that cradled me to sleep instantly, I only regretted that I was staying one night. Breakfast was swell, and the poor lady in charge was run ragged, but maintained a cheerful attitude. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M K
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Its hard to write the minimum 50 words when everything was just simply perfect. Okay if I had my "durthers" I would lower the price by fifty bucks but dang what a nice place. Breakfast was perfect. The pool and spa were perfect. We liked the propane grille (Walmart is next door, pick up some steaks). The staff was awesome. The rooms great

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Here goes--we are Homewood employees-we have traveled a lot, stayed in every chain in the Hilton family, Homewood has always been our favorite, we do get discounts @ every property, when our vacation to Destin, Fla was ruined due to Issac, we chose to go to Corpus Christi, as an alternative,I called the hotel, spoke to Candace the asst manager, she was gracious & sympathetic to our situation& let us stay for 7 days @ the employee rate--thank you Candace!! You didnt have to,BUT here are my issues with this property
1. Carpet was dirty in elevator( 1) maybe a bad sign
2. I won't go into detail about our room (would be too lengthy)
3. A/C never worked properly(A/C tech said it should have been replaced months ago)
4. Executive housekeeper should be fired( might tell you about the cleanliness of our room)
5. Food was a little below average
6. Exterior of property needs daily attention(pool, hot tub,towels available)

Location was good, once you find it, I did speak at length w/Candace about all of the above, she indicated she was going to address all the negatives & work hard to correct the problems we had. We are proud of our properties & reflects who we are and that is my point, if you book this property be sure to inspect everything before you commit to an extended stay, next time we will.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was one of the best hotel stays I've ever had. I booked a one-bedroom suite for 3 nights but somehow confused the dates so could not show up for the first night. Homewood did not charge me for the cancellation though it was last minute (I'm a Hilton Honor member so this might have been a benefit). We were given the handicap accessible room because no one had requested it that night. The room was clean and equipped as promised on the website. Even the stairwell had carpet and a/c which was impt given that it was 97F outside.

When we showed up early, the front desk checked us in early and was very gracious and friendly (I wish I remembered her name). She offered us $2 discount coupons for the aquarium and $1 discount coupons for the USS Lexington and said she had more for other locations if we wanted to come back. Each coupon was good for each person in our party.

Before we left the desk, she made sure to inform us of the weekday (M-Th?) manager's reception from 6-8pm and told us the items for dinner. As other reviewers have said, the reception is a full hot dinner (salad, hot entree, drinks incl free beer and wine). There are two distinct crowds in the dining area: men there for work purposes, sometimes groups of them there from one company, and families with children. Both mixed just fine. The men were polite and careful not to use rude language with children present. To these guys: thank you for being considerate!

Every employee we encountered, regardless of the day/time, greeted us with a friendly hello. We were very surprised at this. They looked like they enjoyed their jobs! And they all spoke English.

While the location is not on the beach, it only took 15-20 minutes to get there. We were happy with TripAdvisor's members' reviews of this hotel and glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family