“A good hotel”

Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Zurich, Switzerland
“A good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Homewood suites is a very good hotel. Rooms are very big, with a complete equiped kitchen, spotless clean and elegant.
Breakfast was also very good with different menu from a day to next one.
The only downside of this hotel was the location. everything else was perfect,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

On 11/27/12, after a very long day I got to the hotel late. The front desk clerk greeted me promply and warmly. The poor lady later had to make me a new key, as I was so tired, when I went to my car I locked myself out. Despite the fact that she was dealing with some unruly guests who, apparently, didn't know how hotl reservatins systems worked, and had screwed up their reservations (she was so patient and helpful - I would have told them to find another hotel!), she was cheerful and consoling about my embarrassment at my mistake. The room was great. Spotless and well appointed, with a bed that cradled me to sleep instantly, I only regretted that I was staying one night. Breakfast was swell, and the poor lady in charge was run ragged, but maintained a cheerful attitude. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Its hard to write the minimum 50 words when everything was just simply perfect. Okay if I had my "durthers" I would lower the price by fifty bucks but dang what a nice place. Breakfast was perfect. The pool and spa were perfect. We liked the propane grille (Walmart is next door, pick up some steaks). The staff was awesome. The rooms great

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Here goes--we are Homewood employees-we have traveled a lot, stayed in every chain in the Hilton family, Homewood has always been our favorite, we do get discounts @ every property, when our vacation to Destin, Fla was ruined due to Issac, we chose to go to Corpus Christi, as an alternative,I called the hotel, spoke to Candace the asst manager, she was gracious & sympathetic to our situation& let us stay for 7 days @ the employee rate--thank you Candace!! You didnt have to,BUT here are my issues with this property
1. Carpet was dirty in elevator( 1) maybe a bad sign
2. I won't go into detail about our room (would be too lengthy)
3. A/C never worked properly(A/C tech said it should have been replaced months ago)
4. Executive housekeeper should be fired( might tell you about the cleanliness of our room)
5. Food was a little below average
6. Exterior of property needs daily attention(pool, hot tub,towels available)

Location was good, once you find it, I did speak at length w/Candace about all of the above, she indicated she was going to address all the negatives & work hard to correct the problems we had. We are proud of our properties & reflects who we are and that is my point, if you book this property be sure to inspect everything before you commit to an extended stay, next time we will.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Sharon N
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was one of the best hotel stays I've ever had. I booked a one-bedroom suite for 3 nights but somehow confused the dates so could not show up for the first night. Homewood did not charge me for the cancellation though it was last minute (I'm a Hilton Honor member so this might have been a benefit). We were given the handicap accessible room because no one had requested it that night. The room was clean and equipped as promised on the website. Even the stairwell had carpet and a/c which was impt given that it was 97F outside.

When we showed up early, the front desk checked us in early and was very gracious and friendly (I wish I remembered her name). She offered us $2 discount coupons for the aquarium and $1 discount coupons for the USS Lexington and said she had more for other locations if we wanted to come back. Each coupon was good for each person in our party.

Before we left the desk, she made sure to inform us of the weekday (M-Th?) manager's reception from 6-8pm and told us the items for dinner. As other reviewers have said, the reception is a full hot dinner (salad, hot entree, drinks incl free beer and wine). There are two distinct crowds in the dining area: men there for work purposes, sometimes groups of them there from one company, and families with children. Both mixed just fine. The men were polite and careful not to use rude language with children present. To these guys: thank you for being considerate!

Every employee we encountered, regardless of the day/time, greeted us with a friendly hello. We were very surprised at this. They looked like they enjoyed their jobs! And they all spoke English.

While the location is not on the beach, it only took 15-20 minutes to get there. We were happy with TripAdvisor's members' reviews of this hotel and glad we stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TeacherEating
Seagoville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We took a family vacation to Corpus and stayed in the Homewood Suites because of the terrible trouble we had at the Embassy last time we went to Corpus. The outside appeared well kept and Whitney was an excellent greeter and face of Homewood Suites. We had the 2bedroom suite and all appeared to be great. We went into the room and the carpet was damp and we assumed they had just cleaned the carpet. We woke up the next morning and there was a roach crawling up the wall in our bedroom (the king bedroom). I took a picture of it and my husband disposed of it. I expect that there will be some bug problems because we are in Texas, it's hot and little to no rain and we are on the coast. But roaches are a deal breaker. So on my way to go report the issue at the front desk, I am greeted by yet another roach crawling up the wall in the hallway near the elevator. I went downstairs and reported 1st about the damp carpet only to find out that the carpet had not been cleaned there were some problems with the AC unit leaking then I reported the roaches, and the swarm of insects outside the back entrance that was attacking us as we came inside the hotel and got the "it's TX and it's hot speech." I informed, Candace that in case they didn't believe me about the roach in the hallway, I left the roach in the hallway for them to see and dispose of as they chose. Candace, Assistant General Mgr said they would comp me a night or give me points for a free night stay. We were leaving the next day so I decided to get my money back. Comp me, I paid cash. Then she says that I can't get my money back because when I paid the night before in cash, they had already took those funds to the bank. I could not understand why I had to wait 30 days for check from corporate when you could use today's funds to comp me for yesterday. Anyways, whatever! When I checked out the next day, David, the general manager vouched for Candace that she did put in the paperwork. I also would like to thank Scott, because he brought us a plunger when the toilet in the king bathroom stopped up for no reason because there was nothing in there except water. Whitney and Scott were awesome. Here it is 36 days later and I am still getting promises from Candace about checking on a check from corporate that she said 5 days ago should be here any day now. I really hate the way companies handle customer service and company issues these days...if you pay by credit or debit, you get your money in 14 business days, but if you use cash, you are sure to wait 30 days or longer to be reimbursed by corporate....I guess next time I'll use plastic!

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors are quieter, and bring a can of RAID!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LadyLat
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom suite for a week while on a house hunting trip. They serve a bountiful and varied hot buffet breakfast every morning, and Monday - Thursday they have a full hot dinner with free beer and wine. Make sure you make a fresh Texas-shaped waffle in the morning. The outdoor pool is small but serves the purpose. There is also a separate hot tub and basketball court. The room was very clean and had everything you'd need. The kitchen was stocked with cooking supplies and had a small gas cooktop, full size refrigerator and dishwasher. The staff was super nice - my husband called the front desk and asked about a cord so we could watch a movie in our room, and they indicated that they would lend us (for free) a dvd player. They also have complimentary movies you can borrow. The location is pretty good - you can walk to a Wal-Mart, a movie theater, IHOP, Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings and a Japanese steakhouse. If you miss the free breakfast or dinner, you have options as to where to eat. You are right off the highway but don't hear any noise in your room, but your view from the pool is of the highway.
Highly recommend - I would stay here again if we didn't live here :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family