“Good food but expensive”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #265 of 700 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ventura, California
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Outback restaurants always have good quality food. However, my steak was overcooked. Asked for a medium well, and got a well done. A bit dry. The bloomin onion was great - as usual, and the fries were very good.
The broiled shrimp was excellent, and the desserts plentiful. Because I had called ahead, we were seated right away. Our server Amber was excellent.

• Visited June 2013

Victoria, Texas, United States
“Take out was middle of the road”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am working in Corpus Christi this summer and ate at here last week. I sat at the bar to order my take out. The bar was about half full, but it took a bit to be served. The bartender was very friendly, but service was on the slow side. I had a beer while I waited and asked for it to be on a seperate tab due to having to turn in dinner receipts for work. The bill had the beer factored in. The bartender fixed the error when I mentioned it, but it resulted in waiting another ten minutes to tab out. They only had a 12oz take out cup for tea, which doesn't go far. On returning to my room I realized they didn't include any plastic flatware. The food was decent but the fries were cold by the time I tracked down flatware at the hotel to enjoy my steak.

• Visited June 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Pretty Good!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were seated quicky, restaurant pretty empty so we were surprised when it took a little bit for our waiter to show. He was cordial enough. I had the Outback Special- it was delicious. Hubby had monterrey chicken..he enjoyed it but wasn't overjoyed. Service good. We may go back but enjoy TX Roadhouse as its steaks are a little bit better.

Visited April 2013
Spring, Texas
“Take a break and have a steak!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The service was great, we enjoyed our food and they even had sweet tea. We would eat here again. I had a 6oz outback special, daughter had kids chicken finger meal, husband had the 8oz sirloin well done and it wasn't burnt, it was nice and juicy. The appetizer was cheese fries and boy was it good, not over seasoned. Broccoli was tender and freshly steamed. Salads were fresh. I didn't like the dressing they used for Italian dressing, it was too sweet. The meal was very good and we would eat here again.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Takeaway is horrible!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been a longtime resident of Corpus Christi & for many years I dined in and also utilized their take away service. Having been away from Corpus Christi for over 7 years, I needed to come to Corpus Christi & stay in a hotel for a couple of days.

We were exhausted from the day and decided to order takeaway, instead of dining in. We ordered online for 3 adult meals, with exact specifications, such as extra butter & 1 extra side of gravy for the chicken, 3 loaves of bread. Evidently the girls who was in take away to put together the orders cannot read or comprehend.

She assured that the order was complete & everything we ordered. This was a Friday night, restaurant was only half filled. Upon returning to the hotel, we discovered that we were missing two sides & gravy. Left to go back to get the items we paid for & the same girl said the order was correct & we must be mistaken. Meanwhile our dinner is getting cold at the hotel. Finally she gave us what was missing, but was rude.

The food just simply ok, asparagus was so overcooked, steak medium instead of medium rare, baked potato was so tough it must have been cooking for a week.

It was just sad, because we just wanted a good meal & were willing to pay for it.

• Visited March 2013