“Great location, comfortable beds but room smells like cigarettes.”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice pool but too small for all the people at the hotel. Beds comfortable but room smelled like cigarettes. Good service. Stayed 4th of July had a nice time sitting in front if hotel. Find parking early or you'll have to park on the top level.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RayLibra
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear RayLibra: We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your room smelled of cigarette smoke. We have a no smoking policy at the hotel and our housekeeping staff work very hard to catch incidents where guests smoke, we then have procedures that they follow to treat the room once it is found that someone has smoked. I will follow up with the housekeeping team to make sure the policies are being followed. I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you got to enjoy our terrace. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I found our stay an enjoyable and relaxing one. The rooms were very nice as well as the rest of the hotel, and although it was obvious they were in the midst of upgrading the hotel, there was never a time when I heard or was disturbed by the sounds of construction. We enjoyed dining in the restaurant; breakfast was especially tasty with your choice of a hot continental buffet or ordering off the menu. The staff was exceptional. They were friendly, helpful, and, many times, funny. From the moment we arrived and the assistance we received getting to our room to the time we left and the sound advice we received for finding the nearest car-wash; the staff went above and beyond the "call of duty". What made it even more special was during the time we were there, there were a number of conventions and conferences going on and, while our needs as guests could have been dismissed because we weren't part of the larger groups staying there while attending their conferences, instead we were treated and made to feel like royalty.

The hotel itself is located in the heart of the marina, with nice clean beaches just a short drive away, as well as other attractions unique to Corpus Christi like: the USS Lexington, the Texas State Aquarium, a water-park, and even a minor league baseball stadium. And if you enjoy shopping, Corpus Christi's malls and shopping area just a short fifteen-twenty minute drive away.

I recommend anyone looking to spend some time in Corpus Christi to not overlook this hotel. It's location and proximity to the marina and the beaches give it a "South Miami Beach" feel at a cost that easy on the budget. I know the next time I'm in Corpus Christi, I will look no further than this hotel for a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KBS0925

Dear KBS0925: Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you got to experience everything the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina and Corpus Christi has to offer. Our staff are trained to go “above and beyond” to take care of our guests and their needs and I will defiantly share your experience with them. Again thank you for letting us know and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Corpus.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have never heard the phrase "I don't know" as much as I did here. As a former manager, I told my employees to always say "let me find out the answer to your question". I do want to say that the 99% of the employees were more than nice and I think that they wanted to be helpful, but were not trained properly. How can the front desk not know how often the shuttle runs to the airport (easy answer: every hour on the hour). We check in (no problems) and then go to the room. First they lock the balcony doors so you can't go out (that stinks). Room was very clean. Nothing fancy, but a nice basic room. Then I see a sign for free internet (Yay, my phone is dead and I forgot the charger, but I can use my Ipad) so I go to call the front desk as directed to get the password and my phone is dead. We go downstairs to meet our group and I tell the front desk that my phone is not working and she says they will get someone to check it. We go to the bar and there is the rudest female bartender (for the hotel's benefit, it was about 5:30 so whoever is on duty on Thursday evenings). We get fish tacos and they were quite good. I go back to my room and the phone is still not working and I don't have the password still (since I thought I would have a new phone). We go to breakfast the next morning and are told that they are short staffed and we may have to wait a little while...OVER AN HOUR TO ORDER. We are attending one of the biggest conferences held in the town. How can they not have proper staff. The staff tried so hard...I don't fault them at all, but again management. Wonderful waitress and good food. I again tell the front desk that my phone isn't working. I return from the conference and go to my room and there is a note that they are working on the phone and to call if I want to change rooms (MY PHONE DOESN"T WORK)!!!! There is no service at the pool which I guess is normal for a Holiday Inn, but I had stayed there when it was the Omni. Never had a working phone. I heard from someone that they are working on refurbishing the hotel and parts of it really need help. The elevator floors were disgusting. I guess that bottom line, it is clean with a decent staff and located across the street from the ocean and not far from the conference center. If that meets your needs, this hotel may work for you. As for me, I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear AffieMom: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you found your stay to be less than perfect and understand that we will be discussing your comments with every staff member involved. Service is our number one priority and we working on retraining all the staff in every department. Our shuttle is on a strict time schedule with the airline crews and if the van is not busy running them to the airport it is open for guest use that is why they were unable to provide an exact time. Again accept my apologizes. Please contact me to discuss further.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was an excellent place to spend a week for our vacation. Holiday Inn Downtown Marina was located right on the Gulf and had a beautiful view. We spent a week there and loved every minute of it from the room we stayed in to the wonderful and friendly staff. If we needed information, food, attractions or extra towels the service there was great and the staff was more than willing to help us with anything we needed. The rooms were large and clean. We had all the amenities of home. We were just a short drive to the beach, The USS Lexington, The Aquarium and so much more. I would recommend staying here for your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor and the view was beautiful. It was very quiet and the sunshine was bea...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa S

Dear Lisa S: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, our fantastic views and outstanding food. Being in the heart of downtown Corpus Christi we are close to everything Corpus has to offer. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights in this Hotel. It has a great location and view. Our room was fairly small with a really small rest room. The workmanship in the room leaves a lot to be desired… crooked light fixture over the mirror, crooked outlets, towel rack coming loose from the wall, bathtub faucet turning when you try to switch to shower. The walls are thin or we had the bad luck to have some loud obnoxious people in the connecting room. We put towels in the bottom of the door and it helped a bit but were woken up two nights around midnight! Check-in was fast, efficient and very friendly. The restaurant is small and so maybe that is why the buffet is also pretty small but it’s still a good value. We had the buffet one morning and a-la carte the next. The huevos rancheros were delicious. The service was very good and again very friendly, personable waitresses. My main complaint is with house-keeping… they did not restock the soap and the last day they simply stretched the covers on the bed… we ended having to make it ourselves before going to sleep. The air conditioner kept the room nice and cool but it seems to be missing dehumidifying capacity. On the whole, I would return.

Room Tip: upper floor for better views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcguz

Dear jdgc: Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry that you experienced issues with your guest accommodation. We are in the midst of a complete renovation of the hotel and the "details" is one of the areas we are most focused on to provide out guests with a perfect stay. We are glad that you got the opportunity to enjoy the Coastline Bistro and the wonderful food on offer. Please know we will be discussing your comments at our weekly staff meeting in our continuing effort to improve our guests experience. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place is awesome! *friendly service
*awesome bar
*Indoor pool and gym
*great view

Been coming here for over 5 yrs now even when it was named Omni and they always have given me great customer service even before/after the name change

I recommend speaking wit a gal named Amanda R. She works at the front desk

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ricky_barr_
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Ricky Barr: Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your continued loyalty to our hotel. While the name on the outside of the building may have changed the great customer service has not. With the renovation that is occurring our hotel will match the great customer service making us the “go to” hotel in Corpus. Thank you for recognizing Amanda R at the front desk, she is one of many customer service champions we have on staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Corpus.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here with friends just after spring break. The hotel was tired, we used room service twice and twice we were ignored.
The staff were very apologetic and I got the impression there may have been a problem with a member of staff so we left it at that.
We were collecting loyalty points and I promised myself I and my wife would not go back, but I see it is being remodelled, so despite the dingy stained room that put me off I may well give the hotel another go!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Callum W: Thank you for letting us know about your stay earlier in the year. I apologize that your experience was not up to our usual high standards. You were staying at the hotel right after the conversion from an Omni to the Holiday Inn and were still working out the kinks. I do not feel your stay was a true representation of our service. As you point out we are currently undergoing a renovation that will make us one the best hotels in Corpus and I extend to you a personal invitation to return and see the improvements that are taking place and experience our quality service. As mentioned in previous reviews (after your stay over spring break) service is our number one priority. Thanks again and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina.