“Great location with wonderful staff and a fantastic breakfast buffet on the weekend!”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I was concerned about some of the reviews but this is a top notch hotel! I loved the view from my room. The bed and linens were great. I loved the in room coffee and the breakfast buffet. We walked to restaurants! It is a great location! I hope to go back someday!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sharibaer
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Sharibaer: Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much while staying with us and that you got to enjoy the wonderful views of the Bay and Marina as well as our wonderful breakfast buffet. With our location in the heart of downtown Corpus Christi everything is an easy walk including bars, restaurants and attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back when your return to the area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is in the process of being remodeled.
Pool with Pool Bar, great location and views.
I did not eat there because there were plenty of restaraunts within a close walk.
I would consider it somewhere between 3 &4 stars until the remodel is complete.

Also you have to pay $10/day to park, I hate paying to park at the hotel I am staying at!!
The fitness room has machines and free weights, above average.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Mark c: Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina, we appreciate it. As you mentioned we are currently undergoing a renovation and we hope it will be completed by the end of the year as we do not want to disturb our guests. We are glad you got to enjoy all the great amenities we offer here and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The location was great , the view was beautiful. The breakfast was to expensive for what you got for the money , but luckly Dennys is not to far off of hwy 37. room was nice, pool was great. only wish spa was working, under repairs. very friendly staff. easy walk to the bayfront. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The breakfast was not free and expensive. For 9.99 you got a juice, choice of meat, 2 eggs your way...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank califfroggy
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear califfroggy: Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina, we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic views across the bay and marina and that you got the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful indoor/outdoor pool area. The spa is currently down and will be removed to be replaced with a great deck area with table games and deck chairs. Due to our location a lot of our guests take advantage of the easy stroll along the bay front. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this holiday inn this past weekend, i must say everything was nice about it. The bar, pool, rooms were awesome, but the a/c was so horrible i woke up with my hair drenched with sweat!!! I wouldnt recommend i night of stay for anyone there. I felt like asking for my money back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rickys874
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Ricky S: Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina Corpus Christi. Please accept my deepest apologizes for the lack of air conditioning. I want you to know the problem has been resolved. I am disappointed that this issue left you with a bad impression of the hotel considering the rest of your stay was very enjoyable and you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities we offer. Please contact me as I would like to discuss the issue with you further.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Got a great deal on priceline. Had i paid full asking price I would have felt ripped off. Had to cdall for a bar of soap. Air conditioner smelled moldy and dripped. Barely cooled no mini fridge really????! And we were by the elevator could hear it all night. Definite, refurb needed.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank confirmedrealist
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear confirmedrealist: Thank for your taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina. I am sorry that your stay was not up to our normal high standards. As a full service Holiday Inn with a restaurant, Coastline Bistro we do not currently offer fridges in all our rooms however we have plenty for those who request it and our staff will happily deliver it to your room. Due to the humidity some of the air conditioners have condensation and we monitor them so that guests are not put into those rooms. Again please accept my deepest apologizes and your comments will be shared with the staff to help us improve our service and maintenance schedule. You will be happy to know that the hotel is undergoing a total renovation and will be the best product downtown Corpus Has to offer once complete.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our stay was fantastic! The room was immaculate and spacious with great toiletries and coffee.
The location is great for seafood on the bay and the USS Lexington. The restaurant servers and front desk staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. This is a GREAT place to stay in Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor bay-view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank familyfromdallas
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Familyfromdallas: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and that you got to enjoy our fantastic views of the Bay and Marina. As you are aware being a downtown hotel we are within walking distance of the USS Lexington, Texas State Aquarium, American Bank Center, What-a-burger field, Hurricane Alley and many other local attractions. I will pass along your comments to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Corpus Christi.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is no longer an Omni. I got there just as it was changing to a Holiday Inn, and the whole place was a mess. Our reservations were mixed up and I got put into a room by the elevator after requesting a quiet room. It was so bad that had to go back downstairs with all my stuff and request a new room, something I never do. The staff was confused and overwhelmed to the point of being immobilized. This was not good, since a lot of people were staying there. The whole place seemed a little grungy and run down. The views were great, though, and this was a very convenient location. Still, if I had a choice I would not be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eucalyptus_101

Dear JWeb1865: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina. Please accept my deepest apologizes for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. As noted in your review we were converting over from an Omni to the Holiday Inn during your stay. We had several issues because of the transition and in hindsight should have handled things much differently. The transition was hard on the staff and guests alike. I am happy to report that the transition has been completed and everything is running smoothly (see recent reviews). We are now embarking on a complete renovation of the hotel which will make us Downtowns premier hotel. Please give us another chance when you return to Corpus Christi, you will not be disappointed.