“Awful Breakfast”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Madison, AL, United States
“Awful Breakfast”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was a standard Hampton and nicely maintained. The issue that I had was at the end of our 1 night stay. The breakfast was awful and it left a lasting impression! I am generally pretty easy to please but something is wrong here. The eggs looked like crumbled up hard boiled yokes. And for the meat, they had turkey sausage. (Maybe it was because it was Thanksgiving week.) And the staff could not seem to keep the milk container full to serve 8 people. Heads should roll.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

claudia g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Jerry H:

Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to me. My food and beverage team is addressing the breakfast comments. Again I am sorry that this was not a great experience for you. My hope is that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Claudia Gamez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is extremely clean and the staff is wonderful. The location is right next to the highway that goes into town. A very good value for your money. The rooms are quiet, spacious and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

claudia g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Robert B:

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay here at the Hampton Inn Northwest. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to know that we provided you with great service and accommodations. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Kind Regards,

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The room was perfectly stocked with coffee and nice towels, We absolutely love loved the comfy bed! I saw the so pretty pool but we didn't have time to enjoy it..maybe nexttime...Thank you for the PERFECT getaway!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
claudia g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Martha R,

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay! I am so happy to hear that we made your getaway a perfect one.

We look forward to your next visit to Corpus Christ.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I never received recognition as a Diamond member. Staff was okay but only one desk clerk and had difficulty answering phones and handling checkins. Had ladybugs around the window which was left open when I checked in. Found a stink bug in room and removed. Lots of highway noise from the interstate. Other than that it was a fine hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stay at many hotels as I my job requires traveling. I've stayed here a few times and the staff has always been very friendly. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. The price is comparable to any motel this nice. I do agree the eggs are not good, but the rest is pretty good. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed November 2013
Waco, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was in Corpus on business and my flight had been canecelled and I needed a place to stay for the night. I came across the I-37 Hampton Inn location in my Hilton Honors app on my phone. I was NOT dissapointed! I was greeted with a smile and found my King size room well kept and I recieved a great nights sleep. The price was in line with all the other hotels and I would highly reccomend a stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

dallas, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything I had asked was done when I arrived. I have had a problem with many "non-smoking" rooms and were very smokey due to rude smokers. I am very allergic to smoke, so had asked they go physically check my room before arrival. Since arriving very late and very tired, that was appreciated. the room was standard for most Hampton Hotels. Breakfast was standard as well, but good...real eggs would be nice, but that is also consistant with Hampton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends