“South Texas Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Houston, Texas
“South Texas Breakfast”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Andy's was the perfect place to go for a weekend breakfast. The food was fantastic, especially the breakfast tacos. Warm blueberry muffins are brought to your table immediately. The service is friendly and efficient. It is a great family place as there is a toy train which circles the restaurant advertising the various businesses in the area. Such a cute & ingenious idea and it keeps the kids occupied! I am still dreaming about those breakfast tacos and plan to go here any time I visit Corpus Christi!

Rogers, Arkansas
“Waste Of Time”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I always look at tripadvisor before booking hotels or eating at non chain restaurants. This is my experience. I was hoping for some great food and boy was I dissapointed. My wife and three preteen to teen boys along with myslef got there at 11AM on a Wednesday and it was not busy so we were seated immediately. First impressions were a small outdated diner with two little trains running above the room which is ok if the food is something spectacular. We were Immediately brought out the blueberry muffins I heard so much about. What a joke!! They were cold, hard and ive had better from a betty crocker package.During the meal the waitress said I will get you some more drinks out but came back 15 minutes later panting about how show forgot. When the food finally came out, the boys got Enchiladas which they seemed to like, but they are teenage boys and they will eat anything so there was no real way to judge.My wife ordered a chili burger and fries. Fries were fries, but the burger tasted like a frozen patty with canned chili poured over the top. It was junk. Now to my meal. I ordered the special which was Chicken n dumplins, fried okra, butter beans, and it came with bread pudding for dessert. The chicken n dumplins were good so were the one bright spot, the okra had an 1/8 " grease in the bottom of the bowl, and the beans were not butter beans, they were great nothern beans. After picking through this I had to mention to the waitress about the bread pudding included in the special. I knew that I was in for a treat. When it came out I bit into a cold tasteless piece of dough with a white chalky sauce. I have been eating southern food all of my life and this place was trying to pass this junk off as southern cuisine. I need to open a restaurant in Corpus Christi and take all of the business. This place is a joke people, do not waste your time. I would definitely eat at a chain before I eat here. Apparently the bar is not set very high here.

1 Thank jeff b
“Best Diner in CC!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

In CC on business and sick of chain restaurants. Andy's has a great menu of homemade favorites. Had the turkey & swiss on rye and veggie soup (Wednesday lunch special). Very good soup and sandwich. Service was outstanding! Highly recommend Andy's Kitchen. I will stop here again and again!

Ventura, California
“Great food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a great and popular restaurant in Corpus Christi. Be prepared to wait, but the food is worth it. There is a train running around the top of of restaurant - cute. I had a hamburger which was excellent and homemade onion rings which were to die for. There were fresh muffins on the table to munch on and they too were excellent. What I liked best about this place was the server - Laura. She took our orders fast, and delivered the food even faster. She was cheerful and efficient.

• Visited June 2013
Rockport
“Great Food and Wonderful Service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was amazed at the quality of food and service. A well oiled machine waits on your every need. Complimentary Blueberry muffins went home and were just as delicious the next morning. Extensive menu with all day breakfast.

• Visited June 2013