“Best Place for Breakfast”

Price's Chef Incorporated
Ranked #25 of 691 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Best Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a Southern girl who enjoys her breakfasts hearty and flavorful, and that's what I get every time I come to Price's! If home-style cooked meals are your fancy, then this is it! They have the best omlette's (thick cut bacon, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, green bell pepper, tomatoes) and delicious hashbrowns. I live in the neighborhood so I'm a frequent visitor. The owner and his family are extremely sweet and cater to any request you conjure.

YES, the place very small and sometimes requires a wait, but this place is a local gem and has been running for decades for a reason. It's worth the wait!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank thebutterpear

Corpus Christi
“i can always count on Price's”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

good food, good service, been the same for many years. When I dine there I feel like a part of the neighborhood. The food is cooked to perfection and the portions are large while the prices are very reasonable. The best place for breakfast ever!

Visited September 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Good diner”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a good place to go for breakfast. It is not a very big place, but does include counter seating. I wish it was cleaner, but I feel that way about most restaurants. We have been for breakfast twice recently. On one visit I had a good waffle, to which I had them add pecans (you can also add blueberries). On the last visit I had the pancake sandwich, though I don't understand why they call it that--it was one pancake, one egg and sausage. I tend to order as small a meal as I can, and this seemed like a good amount--I still did not finish it but bigger eaters might not find it enough. The pancake was a bit tough but was ok. My husband had the pork chop and egg breakfast. The pork chop was very good, nicely seasoned. Service is pleasant and reasonably quick. This is not the place to go for a fancy meal but if it's a very nice place to go for a weekend breakfast.

• Visited January 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place has the best homemade food ever, enjoy taking my family and friends and love their chicken salad and there soups.

Visited September 2012
Corpus Christi
“Family Owned, Good Diner Style food and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Beef Tips, Lasagna, and Beef Stew were the specials today. This will give you an idea of how things are served up at this old style Diner. Not a Tortilla in sight, this is refreshing since Corpus Christi has more Taqueria's than any other city in America. This place is always packed at lunch. I like the meatloaf there, but it wasnt available today, so I had the Hamburger and Fries. It was good, the fries are krinkle fries and made to order, not sitting under a heat lamp. My lunchmate, Bill had the Reuben Sandwich and gives it a "thumbs-up". I've frequented this place more often in the past, when I was more of a "break-fast freak". It had the best breakfast then, but I've had to "cut back" on the eggs, bacon and homemade biscuits, because my clothes quit fittng me. The family that owns Prices Chef are California transplants. They're all involved in the day-today operation, because they took a major leap of faith to buy this place and try to make it work in Corpus Christi, where even the biggest best food operations come to die. I salute them. If you're needing a break from fast-food and want a good, satisfying meal at a fair price, check out Prices at Six Points near the Bay Front.

• Visited December 2012