“Boyd is the best Sushi chef in Corpus”

Aka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #304 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The sushi is always fresh at downtown location. Boyd comes up with very creative rolls and appetizers that aren't found elsewhere. We enjoy sitting at the sushi bar and chatting with him.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were greeted with a nice staff, our waiter was nice. Our sushi came quickly after we ordered. It was tasty but wasn't a tight roll, loose. Hibachi time...Our Hibachi cook was white and wasn't entertaining except, when he did say something he used an Asian accent. Lol Mu husbands steak had 8 pieces of fat, you know how the cooks cut it up...He still gave my husband all those pieces of fat. Disgusting! I ordered the sirloin, and he cut the pieces up so small, I almost asked for a tortilla because it looked like guisada meat for a taco. We chose this place for the entertainment factor you expect from a Japanese Hibachi and we were disappointed.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place was the highlight of my trip to Corpus. I'm not a connoisseur or anything but I eat it regularly and this was some of the best.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Living in Austin, Vegetarian Sushi is a known concept.

Aka, has 3 vegetarian rolls on the menu, which are not at all great
The noodle dish we ordered was with Tofu but kind of smelled like fish (fish oil).
The Service is average.

I liked the location and the ambiance. Good Saki.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Have been here several times. 90% of the time the sushi is excellent, fresh and delicious! There have been a couple of times, however that the sushi was terrible, warm and slimy. Pretty disgusting. Must have been an off day.... it was excellent before so I gave them another chance. Bento box for lunch is very good and filling.