“Dont go on Valentines Day”

Aka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #267 of 694 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Granite Falls, Washington
“Dont go on Valentines Day”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were sat down and told since it was Valentines Day, they had no happy hour. We got up and left. Sounds to me like they were trying to take advantage of their regular customers, not happy about it. I responded to their website but have yet to hear something back from them. May not ever return....

• Visited February 2012

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great sushi experience...”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at AKA before a performance at the Selena Auditorium. We were fortunate to hit the Happy Hour menu so our delicious sushi orders were at a reduced rate. We had the veggie roll, Philadelphia roll, and a crispy, spicy tuna roll. All were excellent, beautifully plated, and w/ the Happy Hour prices, very reasonably priced. Service was excellent. We did not have Happy Hour drinks but our wine was still quite good and reasonable. We plan to return...

• Visited January 2012
San Marcos, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Don't miss out on the happy hour. This is the best sushi I found in this rinky dink town. It's not Uchi in Austin but it's good.

Visited November 2011
Granite Falls, Washington
“Absolutely Awesome Food!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I go here every two weeks to eat, they have a special Monday through Weds, some half price Sushi. Love the MonkeyBrains!!!! Awesome service too!! Only had water spilled on me once!!!

• Visited July 2011
Clute, TX
“Tasty!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Good value. Good food. Really liked the tempura -- others in party liked the sushi (I'm not fond of fish). Beautiful presentation on the plate.