“Total Disappointment”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #438 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Total Disappointment”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I agree this used to have great food and service...My family and I went last night. for starters the chips were stale..had to ask for for fresh chipsl...wife gets drink and It was very carbonated..appetizers came out and it was very cold..like it had been sitting out for a while., finally our food arrived ridiculously late. my wifes salad was brown on the edges, my steak, mashed potatoes and ribs were cold...just a horrible experience..manager offered to comp desert but I didn't take him up on the offer..i was afraid they could have somehow messed that up also. I won't be going back again for sure.. i paid what was owed and just made a note to self..maybey it's management, maybe it's the cooks, but whatever it is definently needs to be changed..

• Visited February 2013

“Good food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great food and drinks. Enjoy taking my family and friends and the staff is great. love their drinks and their jack daniels sauce. yummy food.

Visited July 2012
“Filthy”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've been eating at Fridays on SPID for years. I don't know what just changed but it's filthy, my food was served on disgusting dirty dishes and all of the employees look pissed off. I'd be afraid to eat here again until something drastic changes. Please FRIDAYS get a new manager quick!!!! This used to be one of my favorite places. I'll be at On The Border whenever you get your ineffective leadership cleared up - give me a call!!!

• Visited July 2012
businessclassguy
“Going Down the Tubes”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This used to be one of my all time favorite spots but NOT anymore ! Lots of management left this place and long time servers went with them. Every since that, TGI Fridays in Corpus Christi has been going down the crapper slowly but surely.

Servers are so phony, they want you to think they are just so nice but its just not genuine and it reflects. And as fast as they can say "how is everything guys"? as fast as the disappear like a bolt of lightning, as if to minimize their job requirements as much as possible.
I never got a refill on my tea, until I hunted down the server and asked her. I also had to ask her for mor napkins, twice. Our discarded plates were never picked up until I made a fit about it. My friend's french fries were cold, and I went to the hostess up front to ask for a manager and he never CAME ! I got up to ask where he was and the fake hostess told me he was still on his way. But he still never came. Actually he went to the wrong table.
I'm sorry but if you are having to constantly ask the wairess for things they are not doing their jobs. They don't have to be mind readers, just good at what they do. It is possible, I have had servers at other places just be on their game. And I tip handsomely when they do.

I don't mind if a server chooses to pretend to be cutesy and nice, but be real, don't be phony. It is very well detected. I will not be going back to this place again.

Also, earlier in the week I went to the bar about 4:30pm on a Saturday and the bar was filthy, not clean and the bartender was more interested in counting her money in the register than helping me, I happened to be in solo that afternoon. I gave up and went somewhere else. Yep.

• Visited June 2012
Sandia, Texas
“Yummy tortilla crusted talipa”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Love their tortilla crusted talipa - it's the best! All of the Jack Daniels items on the menu are really good too!