“The reviews are true!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I took our three boys (11, 11, 6 yrs) for dinner here. We found great reviews for Catfish Charlie's on tripadvisor - so glad we tried it. From the hush puppies to the main course - delicious. Highly recommend it. Staff very friendly. Even though they were busy (Saturday night), we had great service.

1  Thank AtoZHouston

Reviewed July 14, 2014

i saw this restaurant was well-rated on this site and decided to give it a try. i did not expect a great meal but was still very disappointed by the very poor taste of small nugget size, dried out and greasy portions of catfish. The only taste in the batter was cornmeal. Sides were nothing of note either. Very disappointed with the experience at about $18 per plate for a family of 5.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Alabama, and I've been in south Texas for a few years, so I was pretty excited to find a catfish place. It was pretty good. I loved the hushpuppies. The staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The sides as this restaurant are the main attraction. The catfish and shrimp are ok but the hush puppies, gumbo, red beans and coleslaw are excellent. The fried oysters are very good as well. The 'homemade' sangria was not good, stick with regular drinks! Staff is friendly and accommodating to big parties. Overall, sides are worth coming back!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hush puppies, beans, cole slaw, rice, and fried shrimp is what's for dinner tonight! This is what I had. Normally, I don't eat fried food but the meal was good. Hush puppies are given before the meal which were tasty. Great service and hostess very welcoming.