“The hype is worth the visit!”
Review of Catfish Charlie's

Catfish Charlie's
Ranked #10 of 694 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“The hype is worth the visit!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

In every area magazine Catfish Charlie's was featured with full page adds, so we decided to give it a try. As we followed the GPS, we were sure it was wrong. We turned off the main drag where so many other restaurants were located and then down a side street to get to it. The outside is small and rather unimpressive. Inside was a nice setting with a definite Louisiana touch. Don't let the simple decor fool you...the food was excellent! Everything, of course, was fried, but not greasy. We ordered the least expensive lunch entrée ($7.99). Hush puppies are served while you wait and service was again, great. I have included pictures of the outside and the entrée. More than enough to eat! Our waitress, Christian, was very busy, but not too busy to smile and keep coming back. Every waitress was good and helped each other. I noticed that MLHL said the gumbo was to die for...I concur! Some of the best I have had. Cold long necks in beer, few choices in wine, many other drinks. I highly recommend this restaurant. Causal dress, inexpensive, fun. Handicapped accessible with a nice ramp.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lindyb09

PA
“Touch of Cajun”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Good value if you do not mind fried food. I had the seafood combo which I do not recommend because it was obviously fried together. I also tried their fried oysters which were OK. I highly recommend their Gumbo.

“Great food, great service, great restaurant!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The gumbo is to die for! The portions are definitely worth the money. Our waitress, Brittany was friendly and attentive. The manager, Rhonda treats you like an old friend. Did I say the gumbo is to die for?!?

• Visited May 2014
“Best catfish! ”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has that cajun Louisiana feel. The menu is very simple and has only the Important things. The atmosphere is family friendly and the staff was even better. I ordered the catfish dinner and it was a fantastic deal. Red beans, coleslaw, fries and a mound of catfish bites! I am now a forever loyal customer!! I would recommend everyone try it.

Ashburn, VA
“Do you want it fried?”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I dig fried food, but oh man. The hush puppies with the different sauces were quite nice. Then came the fried shrimp, oysters, assorted fish and it became a bit too much. The oysters were like a fried mess of breaded nothing. So the gumbo...I was so looking forward to the gumbo. Terrible. Salad shrimp so overcooked and the roux was just nasty. Sorry, but I got to call it as I see it. The staff was awesome though. If this was just a staff review it would be a 5 star review.

• Visited April 2014