“Fried Galore!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Texas
“Fried Galore!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Good family oriented place.
Hushpuppies were delicious.
Gumbo looked and tasted day old, everything tasted the same.
Misleading menu in that it advertise Red Potatoes, but get frozen steak fries. A good place to go if you don't care about details.
Catfish was good, but nothing to write "excuse the pun" about. I mean it wasnt seasoned or raw.
All in all it was a fair visit.

Stockton
“Just awful!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Really poor service, bad food and filthy restrooms. Guess my experience was different from others. Worse, no one even asked about our meal! Try a truck stop!

3 Thank LibraryLurker
San Antonio, Texas
“If you like shrimp - you'll love Catfish Charlie's”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As indicated in my last review of Catfish Charlie's some two years ago, we returned there tonight (Tues., Mar. 4). What a meal!!! I told our server, Carrie, that this was our second visit and about the review I gave following our first visit. I told her not to disappoint us and believe me, she didn't.

Service was fast and very efficient. The food was delivered hot and fresh. And the atmosphere had not changed and as before most suitable for a seafood restaurant.

The appetizer consist of a basket of six hush puppies that were wonderful. And should the basket become empty, additional hush puppies will be served if desired.

My wife had the "adult" shrimp dinner which consist of a smaller portion of shrimp. Her only regret was she failed to cut the fries and have a second bowl of beans. She said her dinner was extremely good.

I had the full shrimp dinner which consisted of six very large butterfly shrimp along with slaw and fries. I don't eat beans so I had an extra portion of slaw. The slaw was great. The fries were large and done to perfection. As to the shrimp they had a bread coating that was relatively thin and did not detract from the shrimp itself. Without doubt, this was some of the best shrimp, I've eaten and believe me, I have eaten a lot of shrimp.

Along with the dinner came another basket of hush puppies. Speaking of the hush puppies, they have a slight spicy "bite" to them as do the beans (according to my wife). I suspect it was do to this being a Cajun style restaurant.

My only regret was discovering that I ate too much food.

I sure wish we had a Catfish Charlie's in San Antonio. It would definitely give Sea Island and Red Lobster a run for their money.

Thank you, Catfish Charlie's for a wonderful meal. We'll be back during our next visit to Corpus Christi.

1 Thank harrygjr
“Good service + good food = Good Tip!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We wrote this comment on our receipt so the owner and the server could identify our review. One thing that really stood out to me about the visit was the waitress's attitude towards our requests. She was delightful and offered solutions. My hubby wanted to try the frog legs, but didn't want to order 5 or more that came in a meal or appetizer. He just wanted to try only 2. The waitress had no problem. She brought out two right away. Then on the menu they had this huge $9 salad. I only wanted a small salad to compliment other items I wanted to order. Again, the waitress responded, No problem. Then gave me a small side salad that hit the spot. They bring out these warm fresh hush puppies with butter. It's the best we ever had, no joke. For my meal, I had this tomato based shrimp sauce over rice. Fantastic, warm, loaded with shrimp. My hubby had the red beans, fries, and fried oysters. Very tasty, not greasy, good portion sizes. last, we tried the key lime pie, it was amazing. My hubby tried their cheese cake. The sizes of these slices rivaled the cheese cake factory in Austin and the taste was outstanding. We were really pleased with the staff, the food and the service. We'll be back and we'll recommend our friends go too.

1 Thank 123welovetraveling
“Great food, fun place”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We were in Corpus Christi on a getaway and have fun trip when we came across this place. We were looking through Trip Advisor hunting for a great place to eat and decided to try Catfish Charlies. We were Not disappointed. We had the fried frog legs and boy were they huge. The waitress said they were "Texas size" frog legs and that they were. Great food and great atmosphere if your looking for a casual fun place to eat.