“Not A Happy Birthday ”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Not A Happy Birthday ”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I ate here tonight on 02/11/2014.Today is my Birthday. We stopped here on our way to Port Aransas.As soon as we sat down it seems our waitress only wanted to hurry us through our meal.We got there an hour and ten minutes before closing so it is not like we got there before closing. My husband got chicken fried steak that was burned on the edges. I encouraged him to send it back but he is one of those who is afraid of what they might do if you send it back. I got the seafood feast which was very good and was the only good part of our experience. I am a real people person and am disappointed when people in the service industry are not friendly in return.I heard our waitress asked the people next to us if they wanted dessert but never asked us.As we were leaving she was too busy watching TV to say good bye.It will be a while before we go back.

1 Thank gem21159

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fun and Good”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Yes, fried is the main preparation but it is not greasy and very tasty. We had excellent service and both oysters and catfish were very tasty .

Texas, the Lone Star State
“Seafood Heaven”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've finally found a seafood joint I like in Corpus Christi. Catfish Charlie's is IT.

Not a fancy place - not an elegant place - but delicious food and great service, at attractively low prices. Their entrees and side dishes are all excellent. This is where the locals eat. Don't waste your time on the expensive chain restaurants. Eat here, you won't be sorry!

• Visited October 2013
Hanover
“Too Much Fried”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Not sure why this place is rated so highly by others. The only plus seemed to be the waitress who was very pleasant and helpful. Otherwise, it just seems like the same old deep fried stuff in a pretty plain room.

Not worth making a special trip for.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to corpus for years and have had very bad luck with restaurants. Other then the obvious chain ones. While there this month we visited Catfish Charlie's. It was a pleasant experience. Our waitress was awesome and the food was great! We will be going back again.