“Good place to eat.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
texas
“Good place to eat.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good catfish, Good servings for the price. Very good services. What you would expect at a catfish restaurant.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“First Visit”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Have been driving by this place for several months. Finally visited last night and was very pleased at how good the food was and the atmosphere was superb. We found a seat, were promptly waited on and got our food very quickly. It was hot, well prepared and really good. This is one seafood restaurant we will visit again and you should too.

Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“What A Meal!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having concluded our five-day vacation in CC, and visiting several eating establishments, it was obvious that today (Oct. 25) we had saved the best for last. My wife and I had lunch at Catfish Charlie's.

We both had their fried shrimp plates. On their lunch plate, you get 4 butterflied jumbo shrimp. Normally, I can eat a dozen regular size shrimp without a problem. It took a second effort to get these four down. They were huge and very delicious. There was just enough breading on them to add a pleasant flavor but not enough to "drown" the taste of the shrimp.

I had their french fries and a double serving of their slaw. The serving size of the fries was huge. In fact, I couldn't eat all of them. Their slaw was very creamy and very very good. By the way, everything that requires making, i.e., slaw, beans, sauces, etc., are made fresh in their kitchen.

My wife had beans as one of her side dishes and she said, "they were wonderful!"

The atmosphere is certainly suitable for seafood with dark wooden walls and red/white checkered plastic table cloths. Service was extremely good. Julie was our server and checked several times to insure we were doing fine and if we needed anything. Which brings me to their hush puppies.

When you first sit down, they bring you a basket of hush puppies. In the basket, there are approximately 10 about 1 inch in diameter. They put a Cajun seasoning in their hush puppy mix which adds a slight bite to their flavor.

I have eaten a lot of hush puppies in my life. However, I must confess that these were the best. I could have easily just made a meal out of these. We went through the first basket before the shrimp was served, and during our meal, asked for a second which was immediately brought.

In regards to serving sizes, they put four shrimp on the lunch plate ($8.99) and six on their dinner plate ($13.99). They serve their lunch portions until 2:30.

In Corpus Christi, we have several places that we now make a point to visit when we return on vacation. Catfish Charlie's has been added to our list as a MUST.

When in Corpus, if you enjoy seafood, make it a point to visit Catfish Charlie's. You won't be disappointed. If you look at their menu on their web page, you can see what they serve along with their prices.

Good bye, Corpus Christi, and Catfish Charlie's...we'll see you again next year (or sooner).

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

OK, so if you are looking for health food this is NOT the place for you! Just about everything is breaded and fried, but the seasonings Catfish Charlies uses ROCK! The gumbo is as authentic as it gets, and the hushpuppies are addicting!!

Visited May 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
“Catfish Oh Yeah”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went on a Saturday night and we were early enough there wasn't a wait. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Not a whole lot on the menu but if you like fried catfish and fried shrimp, this is the place. It was soon obvious that we weren't the only ones who thought this way. The place filled up fast after we were seated and since it is the middle of October I'm sure it was a lot of locals. Service was great and the price was not bad either. Not much on atmosphere but it's my choice if I have a hankerin' for catfish.