“Catfish Oh Yeah”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went on a Saturday night and we were early enough there wasn't a wait. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Not a whole lot on the menu but if you like fried catfish and fried shrimp, this is the place. It was soon obvious that we weren't the only ones who thought this way. The place filled up fast after we were seated and since it is the middle of October I'm sure it was a lot of locals. Service was great and the price was not bad either. Not much on atmosphere but it's my choice if I have a hankerin' for catfish.

There are newer reviews for Catfish Charlie's

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was the best food on my trip. The service was great, and the atmosphere and just everything all clicked together. We had the fried pickles to start with, and the ranch dressing dipping sauce was fantastic. The fish was good, and slaw was excellent and I could rave about the hushpuppies for hours. We loved it.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

While on a girl's weekend, my friends and I were looking in the magazine provided by the hotel. We located Catfish Charlie's and I looked it up on Trip Advisor and saw great reviews! So we decided to give them a try! What a great suprise it was! The fried shrimp were really good and the hush puppies were to die for! One friend had the fried catfish and she raved about it! We ordered 1/2 lb of the peel and eat shrimp and they were big and good! I would highly recommend anyone going to Corpus Christi to be sure to go by for supper! Oh the service was great! Constantly asking if anything was needed and kept a supply of those hush puppies! Prices were very reasonable!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Catfish was awful. Quality of the meat was questionable. Shrimp was ok according to my husband. I am allergic so didn't taste it. This restaurant used to serve good quality fish. They reallly need to raise their standards.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We came across Catfish Charlie's about 25 years ago and have never failed to eat there when we're in town. My wife always has the fried catfish and it's consistently very good, never a "muddy" taste. Sadly, it's no longer offered as "all you can eat." My favorite is the Bayou Teche Creole Shrimp, somewhat spicy but filling and very reasonably priced. As of our recent visit my young granddaughter is a convert to this dish. Waitress was attentive, atmosphere is simple and down-home, great after a day of sight-seeing.