“Outstanding Service”
Review of Glass Pavilion

Glass Pavilion
Ranked #56 of 708 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My main objective on this particular visit to The Glass Pavilion was to provide my Goddaughter with a memorable Birthday Brunch with a view of Corpus Christi Bay. On this particular Saturday morning however, our small party of three was totally taken by the exceptional service we experienced. I phoned the evening before to secure a table by the window and inquire about desserts for the birthday girl. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the hostess and staff with a cheerful "good morning" and each made us feel very welcome. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety of breakfast buffet items and made to order eggs/omelettes. The coffee and hot chocolate were flavorful and just the right temperature. The evening chef prepared an exquisite birthday chocolate tower with fresh berries and flowers that was breathtaking as well as delicious. Miss Nena our waitress was sweet/friendly taking care of our every need. To top off our amazing brunch experience, the chef was kind enough to stop by our table and offer birthday wishes. Well worth the visit, a very pleasant surprise for anyone looking for a quiet meal with exceptional service. We will definitely suggest to family/friends!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The casual restaurant at the Omni Hotel is not any less expensive than the formal restaurant. On a recent visit I tried the roasted chicken over pasta but there was at least an inch of watery broth in the bottom of the dish making the pasta and vegetables mushy. The dish had no flavor whatsoever. The service was slow and the server tried to argue with me when I complained the dish was not as described on the menu. I would not recommend wasting your money on the hotel restaurants.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Breakfast buffet had a fresh omlet station, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit, gravy, oatmeal, French toast, & cereal all well prepared and tasty $19. Lunch pasta & bread was dry sauces tasteless vegies overcooked.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a bayside view restaurant with great views of the bays from the Omni hotel in Corpus Christi. Upstairs on the top is the Republic with great views, only higher up and a top quality fine dining restaurant. It makes you wonder why they don't go the extra mile to make this restaurant excellent. We only went once. I was very excited to see the dining area looking out over the water, very pretty, but there was food on the floor where I was about to sit. Don't you hate that? Stepping in and sitting with french fries or food under your feet. It could have been so easy to pick the that up.... why? I know, I guess I should have picked them up. It just bothered me! The menu was very good and appetizing. I could not find one online so I posted a picture of mine although who knows if it changes, at least you will have something to look at here. The waitress and staff was all nice enough and we had ice tea and a beer. We split the spinach salad and ordered the dressing on the side as seen in my pictures which was great because it is hard to find a spinach salad in Corpus Christi for some reason. The other disappointment was the burger. It was O K. You will see the fried onions in the picture. They were not hot and fresh, they seemed to have been precooked and refrigerated. What's the point? I rarely order a burger like that with fried onions inside and french fries on the side so I want FULL TILT, GREASY DRIPPING DELICIOUS. So there you have it. Will I go back? yes. You should go and tell management if you see any room for improvement. I want this to be the excellent place it should be. No Skimping! (ps, I wrote this review a month after going so I had plenty of time to think about it and still this was my lasting impression)

1  Thank LastFlightOutSeattle
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Something as simple as a bacon roll and coffee had a banquetesque scale of satisfaction.
This place is a winner. Have eaten here a number of times for lunches, high teas and evening dinners. Each has been a most enjoyable experience. Staff are friendly and polite.
Outstanding panoramic view of the Tay estuary.