“GREAT BBQ”

Bar-B-Q Man Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Glad someone told me to go to the Barbeque place with the big pink pig out front. Coming from South Carolina, it did not dawn on me that pig would not be the main thing on the menu. Made it easy to make sure I was at the right place. Big establishment, but not many cars in the lot the day I was in town.
Soon as I opened the car door I could smell the great bbq aroma. And when we opened the door to the restaurant it was even better.
The hard decision of what to order was simplified by the gentleman behind the carving station. he made some great suggestions, offered a few samples, and it was decided go for the big sample plate, the J Storm Plate. Brisket, beef rib, a spicy sausage, coleslaw, and ranch beans, white bread, and a big sweet tea. and the serving size was big. enough that after trying to eat as much as a could, I still had to have a to-go box and I had a great lunch the next day. The waitress was friendly and helpful.
I will be back!

1  Thank 2S2P2L
There are newer reviews for Bar-B-Q Man Restaurant

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

They were very friendly folks there and helpful but as far as barbecue i have had better tasting barbecue back home ,,Rio Grand Valley to be exact,,the reviews from those coming from KC dont know barbecue if they think this was excellent barbecue cause it was ordinary,,not great ,dont get me wrong the food is good and alot of it but not the best i have ever tasted,,do i recommend it ,yea its good enough. I barbecue alot at home though and this food was ordinary.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We hosted a family reunion at this venue. We used the restaurant's Patio Cantina. The owners were super helpful in the planning process - no hassle. The process ran very smoothly. The day of the event was flawless. The staff members tending to the event were extremely helpful. They were there for anything I needed. The food was delicious. We had the brisket and chicken with potato salad and beans. I highly recommend this venue for family gatherings.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Traveling thru area and discover this spot, WOW! So good, excellent taste, and the sauce is extremely good also, a must stop if in area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Coming from KC, I have high standards for BBQ. This is one of the best I've tried, and beats many of the big names in KC.

The ribs are melt in your mouth and doesn't have as an overpowering smell as the ones in KC. The sauce is flavorful and tasty! Iced tea was great and so was the service. Friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank MrsKoh