“Great food”

Ranked #29 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fish fish cooked perfectly. Pricy but not terribke. Lovely view of ocean. Desserts and brewd excelkent. Veggies cooked to
Perfection. Nice to visit for that soecial dinnet

There are newer reviews for Yardarm Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went for an anniversary dinner. Food is ok but not worth the price. The main issue with this restaurant is the lack of space. Not only were we crowded but it was hot and this was in November. I would not recommend because of how uncomfortable it was and noisy. Not romantic like it looks from outside.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Yardarm is an amazing restaurant that has endured the test of time. My first visit was almost 20 years ago and it was fabulous then as well. The quaint little yellow building overlooks Corpus Christi Bay. The bayside is covered in windows for a nice view. The meals are fairly expensive but come with bread and butter, salad with homemade dressings, and a choice of soup. I had clam chowder as my soup selection and it was the most delicious, fresh, clam chowder I have ever eaten. The crab stuffed flounder was my entree and my husband had oysters rockefeller. Both were fresh and wonderful. The homemade salad dressings were both fantastic. The service is efficient and friendly and we never felt rushed or ignored. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. You will not be disappointed at the Yardarm. Take a break from the frozen frenzy of the common chains and go out and have some delicious, freshly prepared seafood. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

First of all, make sure the restaurant is open. They close during the winter. Okay, now that you know they're open. I visited the Yardarm during a business trip to Corpus Christi. I asked a local where I could get a nice meal of local, fresh fish. He suggested the Yardarm.
The location is by the water. It's in an old, small house on Ocean drive. There is a small hotel next door that I was told is owned by the same people.
I ordered the fresh catch of the day. They start you with a cup of the soup of the day. On this hot summer day it was a delicious Gazpacho (cold soup). Then comes a small salad with two homemade dressings. You can use one or the other, or blend them together.
The main course came with small portions of rice and vegetables. I ordered the crème brûlée for dessert, it had fresh berries at the bottom. It's obvious that the food is made from scratch and with high quality ingredients.
Each and every bite of food was delicious! I was so ready to go back for a second time a few months later, in December, only to find out they were closed for the winter. It put a real damper on my plans. But, I should've called ahead of time. I believe they open sometime in February. The total bill was about $30, but I had water, adding a beverage would bring up the total. It's not cheap, but worth every penny. The portions were not large, but with several courses, by the end of the meal I was full.
The attire is casual to casual dressy. I can see people going here for special occasions or for a romantic dinner. In my case it was a last minute, unplanned visit. I was coming from playing in the ocean, wearing a swimsuit with a cover-up. No one seemed to mind my very casual attire. The service was attentive without being overbearing.
I plan to go back the next time I'm in Corpus on business.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The soup & salad that come with the meal are nothing special but the entrees were terrific! The service was also superb. Much nicer than any p.ace in town. Definitely recommended if you're passing through Corpus.