“very romantic delicous food”
Review of Vietnam Restaurant

Vietnam Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 714 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2009

As soon as we entered this restaurant I was awe struck by the romantic atmoshphere....I had the pork chop flambe which came flaming from the kitchen to our table...beautiful!! The waiter even unfolded our napkins and placed them on our laps...very elegant...excellent food.....#1 choice for Veitnamese cuisine in Corpus

Reviewed October 14, 2008

Really like the food and the atmosphere. Moderate.

Reviewed October 7, 2008

we arrived shortly after they opened in the afternoon, they had very dinner oriented if not exclusively dinner oriented hours from what I noticed. the decor seemed more chinese but still quite tasteful overall, a place where you'd really want to dress up a bit more to not feel out of place. a slight bit of surprise at the prices, entrees starting in the mid teens and up but appetizers were sub $10 pretty much. seems they have a somewhat known chef by the name of Tony Lam who likes to add french touches to asian dishes. our waiter was polite and quite helpful and attentive, which I found refreshing for an upper crust marketed establishment considering that we had walked in just off the beach with flip flops... not quite appearing as the usual clientel. she ordered the spring rolls as her entree ($7) filled with a good number of shrimp and came with a sweet peanut sauce and found it satisfying. I can't quite remember the name of what I ordered (bo koa something maybe, about $18) but it was a hearty sized plate of sauteed beef with bell peppers, onions and peanuts in a brown sweet and tangy sauce with a pot of semi-sticky white rice on the side. the combination was very good and portion was generous although I found the sauce just a touch sweet for my preference.

overall, not a place for everyday dining but at least with what we had it seems quite a worthwhile destination for a special evening with a loved one. one thing to note: if you want to split an entree (which you might consider if you aren't both big eaters) they charge a $4 fee, not sure if you get a little bit extra with that fee though.

Reviewed January 12, 2008

It's an OK restaurant!!

Reviewed February 7, 2007

The restaurant was recommended to my husband and me on a recent business trip, and we were extemely disappointed. The food was fine, but overpriced. Our server was crunching on a piece of candy while he was trying to tell us the specials, which he couldn't quite remember all of and did not have a very good description. My husband decided on one of the specials and the server asked him what "green" he would like -- asparagus, broccoli, or a salad. He chose asparagus and boy were we surprised when the bill arrived, and that "green" was $13!!! His entree was $36 alone. My sea bass was overcooked, and had it not been, it probably would have been worth the $29. We don't mind paying for quality food, and quality service, but we got neither and will not go back.

1  Thank SPILulu