“Mediocre food, nothing to get excited about”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #461 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This chain restaurant should have some kind of flavor, but it's not really that tasty. Both dishes had too much sauce, neither of which was particularly flavorful. Thus the dishes came out a bit soggy, something you wouldn't want with Chicken Parm. The pasta in both dishes were overcooked and mushy. The salad was unremarkable. The bread was warm, but that's about it.

Overall, the food seemed like something you could have at a buffet or fast-food restaurant. But it was hot, not burned, and was what we ordered. Hence I didn't rate it as poor.

In terms of atmosphere, they had an odd selection of music playing: some old jazz standards mixed with recent pop songs. Not a deal breaker, just really odd to mix those two types of music in a nicer Italian restaurant.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

It had been 2 years since my last visit to this restaurant & during our recent visit I was painfully reminded as to why. There was no one at the host stand upon our arrival but since we were waiting on a 3rd member of our party, we decided to go to the bar. The bartender was also MIA. After waiting over 5 minutes, we decided to sit & wait for a host or hostess to appear. After 15 minutes, the hostess finally came to us & asked for our seating requirements. This should have been my sign to leave but I was starving & am obviously a glutton for punishment.

My daughter & I were seated & we ordered Italian Cream Sodas. My daughter overheard the bartender telling the waitress that she should make it because he was too busy. (We were not seated by the bar so if he was THAT busy, I'm not sure why he was hanging around where we were seated.) Mind you, there were few people at the bar. The waitress returned to inform of us of her conversation with the bartender. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why she would do that instead of just taking care of our drink order one way or the other.

We finally were able to order & then we waited & waited & waited. The waitress came by occasionally to tell us how backed up the kitchen was, even though the restaurant was not busy. She did remove my water to refill it. However, I did not see her again for over 30 minutes.

Once we received our food, I was surprised by the portion size for the price and even more so when I tasted my food. To say the salad & entree were subpar is being generous. The Bibb & Bleu Salad and Chicken Scallopine did not represent what was described on the menu.

I understand that this is a chain restaurant so I do not hold the food to the same standard that I would a non-chain restaurant. However, this chain needs help from corporate, badly! I will never return to this restaurant. There are plenty of other places on SPID to hit up. Pass this one by!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Travelling alone I sat at the bar for dinner. The food was very good but service left something to be desired. The bartender apparently had friends sitting at a table and spent most of her time socializing with them and forgetting about the customers at the bar.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stopped to eat after shopping, we had great service and as usual, more good food then you can eat in one sitting. Service was very good, price was just right. Will definitely go back to enjoy another good meal.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We ate here on a busy holiday weekend but got a table quickly.
Ordered a starter and 2 entrees, one with salad.
The starter never arrived so we began eating the entree. The salad was never delivered.
The waiter was pleasant but didn't seem to realize he had missed parts of the order.
The food was delicious.