“An average Italian Restaurant experience”

Island Italian Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The service was just okay, the food was average, nothing really special. I ordered a meal that included spaghetti. Too much Spaghetti with too little sauce that wasn't even as good as grocery store brand. We expected more. Desserts were expensive.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I wrote a previous review on the Island Italian Restaurant about two years ago. Tonight (Sunday, March 2) my wife and I revisited the restaurant. Given the number of servers and the large number of guests, service was remarkably fast. The food was just as good as before although the lasagna seemed a little flat in taste but nevertheless it was good. My wife had the eggplant parmesan and said it was very good. Considering she cleaned her plate, I believe it.

We had the Italian bread sticks for an appetizer. It is served with a red sauce that didn't taste bad. The bread itself was okay. However, I doubt that we'll order it again. The six bread stick for two people is just too much bread considering you also get garlic bread with your meal.

Having learned my lesson regarding portion sizes, I only had a half order and it was quite sufficient. The atmosphere was nice. The only issue I had with the atmosphere was a local C&W singing group. While their music was nice in and of itself, I think it would have been a much better experience had the music consisted of Italian songs.

Today was our first day of our vacation here. We may be going back for yet another meal before leaving on Friday.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Husband and I are being "winter Texans" for the first time, and so far, it has been wonderful. Aside from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico only 75 yards away from our deck, we are exploring some of the many, many restaurants Corpus Christi has to offer. Island Italian caught our eye, so we had an early dinner there last Sunday. Even at 5:30 PM, the place was filling up. We were greeted and seated promptly. They have an extensive, but easily readable menu (which you can find on their website.) I ordered fettucini a la carbonara, which was just OK. The sauce was filled with good size pieces of bacon, but was quite tasteless. My husband had the Italian catfish, which was just wonderful! It was cooked perfectly--light and flaky, and smothered in a garlicky sauce, which was so flavorful it seemed to just melt in your mouth. Regardless of my so-so fettucini dish, we will definitely return to try other menu items.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It is what it is - Pizza - music on the weekends, go see Ruben, he sign's there - the Pizza is good and Toni will welcome you - eat the sandwich its good - it was better and bigger when Tac was still there...

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband can rarely be talked into Italian except for pizza and lasagna. He liked his meal and it wasn't pizza.