“Coconut water plus more...”

Thai Spice Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 715 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

During a recent business trip I decided to take a casual walk in the vicinity of my hotel and found this quaint Thai restaurant whose owners were charming added to the allure of my experience. I began my meal with coconut water, because I had heard of its nutritional benefits, and once tasted it in a bottle, but never from a "young coconut" from Thailand! It was so refreshing presented in its shell with a straw and a piece of pineapple fruit. I was hooked from the water to its core. For my meal I ordered a "Thai specialty" the broccoli chicken dish, can't remember its name, and I know you're probably thinking - boring, but if nothing else, its presentation will sell you to say the least. The food freshly prepared, with soft music playing in the background I imagined an experience beyond the enclosed walls. I shall return!

1  Thank Rashidah M

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We arrived the restaurant at 3:30pm on Sunday and were being seated right away. Ordered a fish cake, laab and #3 on the lunch menu. The fish cake was mediocre. It probably comes from some vendors because we have had the same fish cake from other Thai places in Houston. The laab with beef was very good. The beef was semi cooked (raw in the middle) with seasonal flavor, and we like the dish very much. However, #3 on the lunch menu (couldn't remember the exact name) was horrible. It was plain (noted: It's the Asian plain flavor, not the American saucy standard), with only soy sauce and hot flavor. We wonder if the laab and the lunch menu were actually prepared by the same cook. Totally different experiences. All is all, highly recommend the laab, and would not go for another item on the lunch menu.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Wanted some Thai food when I was here and found this place. Smaller little restaurant with an upscale flare to it.

I had the green curry which was very good and spicy. It was served in a coconut and had a quarter slice of pineapple cut up in a very eloquent presentation.

Service and delivery of food is not the quickest and they realize that so they automatically add in the tip.

My server was wearing what I would assume to be clothing from Thailand.

During my dinner my server all the sudden started to play some string instrument that was a very nice lite addition.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The cook makes everything from scratch ,even the curry paste. She uses only fresh ingredients. The food taste heavenly or as good as French cooking. For chicken curry the cook puts it in a young coconut with a stalk of asparagus and leafs of pineapple. There is a bowl of steam rice and slice of pineapple chunks on the side.
It's nice to eat there, because usually very quiet unless some loud mouths come in.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere upon entering restaurant was warm and nice. Our waiter was elderly, but capable and kind.
Then we ordered a light lunch, being unfamiliar with the restaurant we opted for easy selections we thought. Fried rice, spring rolls, water and coconut icecream. It arrived to table at a reasonable amount of time and was well presented, except for the the quality in taste and portions.
Haven eaten Thai cuisine all over the world, this was the worst!
The rice was crunchy, burned in places, and salty! The beef if in fact it was tasted ill prepared as though it hadn't been washed, and that maybe it had sat in old blood.
The pineapple that accompanied our choice tasted rancid.
when it v was all dinner a family of five 3 adults 2 children paid 62.00 to included a gratuity charge!
If the food had been good I might not have minded, except that we felt an overwhelming sense that we had been duped. This restaurant received 5 stars, which was very misleading. Just about everything over priced shed cook should be reprimanded by her peers and the health department .