“The Best Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This restaurant was amazing. The service was great, the place was very clean and beautiful, and the food was amazing. When you order, they will make it the way you want it (substitute this or that). The cook was the one that was filling up our water glasses s we got to talk to her about how delicious the food was. We eat at several Thai restaurants and this was honestly the best Thai food we have had. The prices were reasonable especially for the food we were served. Oh yeah, and they gave us slices of watermelon with our meals. Yum! If you are in Corpus Christi on the bay front you need to go try their food. Lunch is the best time to go. They give you complementary dumplings and vegetable soup mon-fri. Make sure you tell the cook how good her cooking is. She is kindhearted and very sweet.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Thai Spice, located downtown Corpus Christi has some of the best Thai food i have ever had. The prices are a bit higher, but you are getting the best service and presentation for the price. The soup that is served with your meal is awesome and the spices in the food are done perfectly! Nicest people who work and own it!

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We were searching for a restaurant downtown, while visting corpus and stopped by Thai spice. I tried green curry and I was suggested to get a dinner version of by the lady over there...guess she is the owner/manager. It wasn't a bad suggestion at all. My food was brought out on a very nicely presented plate and food was wonderful too. Curry was in a fresh coconut with freshly cut pine apple on the side. Best Thai food I had so far!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Have you ever driven a couple of hours just to eat somewhere that you absolutely love? I do to this Thai food restaurant! The people there are so friendly, and very sweet to children. The atmosphere has good music and they always have a relaxing dvd on that shows sea life... and the food, is just amazing... on my rice they placed a little heart made out of a carrot. Even when I left Corpus Christi, I still went back to take an order home, which tastes just as amazing.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

Overpriced, but it is probably justified for the quality of the dish that is incredibly rich and authentic (I am native SE Asian). Besides, the place is so small that if the price is any lower it might be way too crowded. If you can afford to splurge, you should try it at least once. Beware that the dinner menu is largely devoid of typical Thai ensembles such as Pad See Ew, Pad Kee Mao, Lard Na, etc. But the waiter told us that we can order anything we know in Thai dishes and the owner will make it for us. Other than that the dinner menu is displayed in English description instead of its name (Chicken and Basil with Vegetable instead of Pad Kra Pow for example). The prices are shockingly high but the presentation and the taste is nothing I have ever seen in other Thai places. Quiet ambiance probably not a good idea for rowdy kids or partygoers but couples and small parties would fit right in.

1  Thank SteelRing