“Uncooked Fish”

Landry's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As the home to some of the Gulf Coast's most beautiful beaches and unique landmarks, Corpus Christi is the ideal location for Landry's Seafood - a Gulf Coast legend of its own. From Landry's picturesque location, an actual boat docked right on the waterfront, diners enjoy great indoor and outdoor views, fresh Gulf seafood, succulent steaks and the sweetest desserts. Seated right on Shoreline Boulevard, in the shadow of Downtown Corpus Christi, Landry's is the perfect destination for an evening on the town or a celebration after a day on the beach.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate at Landry's about a year ago and it was just okay. Wish we would have tried somewhere else this time but it was conveniently located to our hotel so decided to try it again. Big mistake. The restaurant itself is dingy, dark and unappealing.

Our entrees were served with the house salad. I am unable to eat high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) so requested a dressing without it. The server said he would check with the chef. When he returned, he brought vinegar and olive oil as my dressing and said the chef said he adds HFCS to all of the dressings as a thickener, which is odd since it is a sweetener, not a thickener. If they made the dressings in-house they would not be able to add HFCS, which means the dressings are clearly purchased, and not house made. Nothing wrong with this; just be honest about it.

I ordered the grilled sea bass with white wine cream sauce. The fish was served completely raw inside. I sent it back and when the server returned with it he said the chef had put my piece of fish back on the grill and then returned it to the plate. Ok, fine. But now the other food on my plate was cold. The "white wine cream sauce" was a thick, nasty pile that looked like gravy. The broccoli was frozen. All-in-all, disgusting. Will definitely not return.

I will say that the waiter was pleasant and professional. He apologized for the raw fish and was efficient at serving our food.

1  Thank Rhonda C
There are newer reviews for Landry's Seafood House

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I dine at this restaurant always when in town and am always satisfied with their fresh seafood, great selection and fine waitstaff. Landry's is a wonderful company and a company I enjoy spending money with because they are also a give back company.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I had crawfish etouffe; rivaled my mother's recipe! This restaurant was a converted two story boat with lots of character. The server was very professional and sweet. The prices were reasonable for the quality of our food. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I ate at Landry's for the first time this month and had a great experience. The restaurant is actually in an old boat out on the T-Heads. There was a cold front coming through with very heavy winds the evening we were there and we didn't feel a thing.... so those who are boat wary have no fear! The food was delicious and the servings were quite large. The prices were reasonable and customer service was fantastic. I would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Before departing from conference we wanted to eat some great seafood. Landry's was an awesome choice. Fresh great tasting food. Reasonable prices and great customer service.