“Great location!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The live music was AWESOME, the food was good, and the location was beautiful. The service was very slow, but it was full to the brim of travelers on a Wednesday night!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Fantastic! I was a little sketchy at first because of its touristic location. Normally restaurants in such proximity to major attractions don't need to rely on repeat customers, foot traffic keeps the till full, and the quality of the food suffers, bot not at Pier 99. My family ordered the seafood medley: fish, shrimp, crab legs, and it was awesome ( admittedly its kind of hard to screw up seafood that was just caught earlier that day). I grew up on a Croatian island in the Adriatic Sea so I know fresh seafood and Pier 99's was fresh. There was a one man band who, according to my husband, played the sound track to his life: Jimmy Buffet, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and all the American classics. My young boys felt obligated to inform the waiter that their Dad served in the US Navy, in the back drop of the USS Lexington, and we found out the waiter was a vet who just returned from Afghanistan. We thanked him for his service and enjoyed a personal conversation. Great food, ideal location, good music, and served by an American Hero!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was great. Ate over the water. Service was slow but it all worked out. Drinks were solid and shrimp was tender.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ate here for lunch. Typical tourist area restaurant. Food was ok, not bad but nothing to write home about. Quick service. Lots of fried seafood, some burger and pasta options. Nice outdoor patio on the water with views of Corpus and the USS Lexington. Might be a good place for just drinks and appetizers or dessert. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Well, my husband picked this out from one of their ads. We decided to go for lunch because we were going to the Aquarium. Well, it was 95 degrees outside so we decide to eat inside in the air conditioned area. It was very cramped and not really nice looking, old looking and noisy. (But at least it was cool).

We decided to both get the shrimp lunch plate (6 shrimp), one grilled and one fried, both with the cole slaw. The fried shrimp was overcooked and greasy with little flavor. There was no flavor to the cole slaw. No extras on the plate like hush puppies, just sauce for the shrimp. When you are still hungry after you have eaten, there is not enough food. And my husband and I don't eat a lot.

So this is probably not a place I would visit again, it just wasn't good.