“BEST Carne Guisada in Corpus Christi”

Taqueria Jalisco on Cimarron
Ranked #217 of 691 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corpus Christi, Texas
“BEST Carne Guisada in Corpus Christi”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place. On a recent trip back to Corpus, I must have eaten at this restaurant at least 8 times!!! Where I moved to does not have Carne Guisada, so I had to fill up on it while I got the chance. It didn't disappoint me. I could eat here every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. Is it possible to put a location up in Michigan - just for me? :)

• Visited December 2013

South Padre Island, Texas
“Good food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

great service and good food. Enchiladas and beans and rice are the best. Has a drive thru and more parking in the back. lunch and dinner specials are at a great price too.

Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Good Food, Great Value”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had breakfast here with my son. He had Waffles and eggs and enjoyed them very much. I had 2 Egg and Chorizo tacos, which were good sized and great tasting!
Check came and the whole tab for the 2 of us came to $7.55! What a great value.

If you like Taquerias, don't miss this one.

• Visited July 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Delicious Carne Guisada!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I visited the Cimarron Blvd location. I went with my parents (my dad really likes this place) and was very happy. I actually ordered a carne asada taco and a pastor taco, each on soft corn tortillas, but the waitress misunderstood and brought me a carne guisada taco, which I had never tried before. Oh my goodness, was it amazing. I tried carne guisada at another place in Corpus Christi before my trip was over and it didn't even compare to Taqueria Jalisco! Delicious stuff. The pastor taco was also very good.

My dad had enchiladas, which he loves. I didn't get a chance to try one because I was enjoying my tacos too much. The tamales my mom ordered were ok, but the carne guisada was worth the trip!

• Visited February 2012