“Good but very pricey”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night and there was no wait. The service is excellent, the food is good, but their prices are much too high. They have a good wine list but the wine is very expensive too.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been here in a couple of years. Was shocked that there was no wait on a Friday evening. Place looks the same, a bit run down and in need of a face life, maybe just a new paint shade, same Andre Bocelli cd playing. Dark but cozy but a little smoky due to kitchen being in the open. Same cash only but they accept checks. No one was dressed up, neither. Two types of bread served but Bread was cold. We split a Cesar salad, nothing special. I had clams in red sauce, there was a lot of sliced garlic in the sauce, and I’m Italian but I never use that much garlic. Sauce was ok clams were tiny but plenty of them. My husband had the big thick pork chops and enjoyed them. The potatoes were a bit greasy fried/baked. I had one glass of expensive Chianti while my husband had the 4.00 ice tea in small glass but they kept it filled. We split a homemade small slice of ricotta cheese cheese cake. One server removed the oil and balsamic vinegar bottles, I thought she was refilling them so I didn’t say hey we are stilll using them for more bread. And I didn’t ask for them back. Really should have stayed on the table, as they were not busy at all, and that’s a shame but understandable as our meal with 20% tip was 130.00. But I like to support local businesses first before a chain restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

We went there on a Wednesday and it was empty so I expected we’d get good service and food. I was incorrect, the bread that came out was cold and bland. My wife ordered the shrimp fra diavolo, there was a whopping 4 shrimp and a hand full of pasta and the sauce was ok. Oh yeah and that meal was 37 dollars! There prices are ridiculous and the overall experience was disappointing. We are never going back, I would advise you save your money and go else where.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

We had not been here for a few years and decided to return. It was nice to not have to wait in line to get in. They still don't take credit cards. My wife ordered the chicken and pasta and I had pork chops. Both were prepared properly but lost something with the presentation. Nothing was "outstanding"

Reviewed January 20, 2018

We had not been here in many years but decided to try it again. It used to be a hot spot but the luster has faded. My wife had the chicken and pasta and I had the pork chops. Both were well prepared but the overall presentation was lost. I would have preferred a chain Italian place. Nothing was "outstanding.