“Very tasty pizza twice in one week - CRUST EXCELLENT”

Padre Pizzeria & Gourment
Ranked #26 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Rockport, Texas
“Very tasty pizza twice in one week - CRUST EXCELLENT”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The restaurant/takeout is located on North Padre Island, just before the intersection of SPID and the road to Mustang Island and Port Aransas. It is a pizzeria but also serves other Italian foods. I ate in the small dining room. I could see a wine/beer bar. It was pleasant and comfortable -- like a favorite neighborhood eatery. First time I had a small pepperoni/Italian sausage/green pepper/mushroom pizza (it's one of the combo choices) with a side house salad with Greek dressing. I grew up in the Chicago area, where I learned what a good pizza is. The Italian sausage on the pizza had the taste and texture and quality of Chicago's Italian sausage. The salad was "small" but it was abundant and cold and crisp, and the Greek dressing on the side was very satisfying. Next time I went was with a friend and we shared a large pizza, his half was pepperoni and green peppers, mine was Italian sausage and mushrooms. The crust both times was one of the best pizza crusts I have ever had. It wasn't thin, it wasn't deep-dish but a slightly puffy light buttery/crispy crust. Before the pizza arrived, a dish of herbs/seasonings was served with a plate of crusty bread slices; I added olive oil from the bottle on the table to the seasonings and dipped pieces of the bread in it. I enjoyed the taste of the oil/herbs on the crusty bread (probably the same as the pizza crusts are made from). They serve "Red" and "White" sauce pizzas. Both pizzas I had were the "red" variety. I will return to this pizzeria regularly, as I like to camp at nearby (5 mi.) Mustang Island State Park.

• Visited March 2014

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Not much on atmosphere but good food.”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We pop in about once a month to get the Greek pizza, it's the best pizza I've ever had. We don't always get the best service (usually staffed by teens) and there are usually some loud or tacky parties seated that are annoying. Food is very very good though, pizza, salads, subs, all of it.

• Visited December 2013
“Decent Pizza Fast”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have only had delivery from this place, but have been surpised at how fast their delivery really is. We even ordered on July 4th at about 6:00 pm and had a pie within 40 minutes. I personally like the chicken bbq, but have found that in general the place is nothing to write home about. But if you are craving some pizza or do not want to get dressed and go out to eat, this is just the thing for you.

• Visited February 2013
Honey Grove, Texas
“Awful sauce and service”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I don't think I have ever had such slow service in any restaurant ever! The one server was seating people, taking and filling drink orders and then finally trying to take pizza orders. I should have known that we would not like the pizza when I thought their bread was tough and the herbs for the oil dip were a bitter mix. That made the sour tasting sauce bitter as well. I have never left 1/2 of a pizza without asking for a to go box..

• Visited January 2014
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been to pizza places in New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia, and throughout Texas and I will admit this is one of the best pizza places I have eaten, great flavors, great seasonings, very unique and tasty pizza. The staff is great and I enjoyed the food I will back again and again!