“Great little restaurant”

Ranked #58 of 715 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to U & I back in the day when it was drive -n, pick up your food and go... Its been a long time since I have been, and I just looked online and found it.. It seems to be full fledged restaurant now... I am glad to see it is still there!! It has great reviews, and I hope that it stays in business!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I liked the fact that we were keeping tradition. This has been a family restaurant for years. However the food was, in my opinion, awfull, I ordered a steak and shrimp plate and the stake was hard as a rock and the shrimp was bland. My salad had lettuce and that was it.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were just cruising Corpus Christi last Saturday doing errands, going to an art fair and wishing for new & unique place other than our same old standards. Jim remembered having read about U&I in the local paper, so, we stopped by for a quick lunch and it turned out to be
quite a memorable experience. Not knowing what to expect, but knowing it's been around for quite some time (40 years!), we were pleasantly surprised to find it so bustling and CLEAN and bright and inviting. I guess you could describe it as an "upscale diner" with an extensive menu of lunch and dinner options from steaks to seafood to sandwiches, and much more, all of which sounded delicious. Call me silly, but I enjoyed sitting down and having butter and crackers offered at our table for a little "nosh" before ordering. Quite welcoming after a rough day of shopping and schlepping. The U&I also offers a full service bar , which was a happy & welcome surprise. We opted for the sandwich side of the menu, Jim having the Philly cheese steak (best he's ever had), and, myself having the Gyro sandwich (best one south of Chicago).Our very attentive waiter happily allowed us to sub the homemade onion rings (OMG!) in place of the fries, and, they were spectacular. he only problem we had was with ourselves for not finding this gem sooner. Next time we're going for the steak or seafood, both of which I foresee will be excellent, or, maybe the Greek salad, or the burger, or chicken fried steak! Who knows?? Can't wait!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went for the 2nd year to partake of thier corned beef and cabbage fare for St Pat's Day and it was great again. Corned beef, cabbage, potato, vegetable, soup and salad all for $9.99. This was our 4th visit and have been more than satisfied every time. Thier menu has such a wide variety that it should please everyone in your party whenever you go.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a nice place that seems to be in favor by local folk. My meal was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. Service was good. Prices were a bit high, but within reason.