“Their math is really spooky ( 10-31-12 )” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Fort Worth, Texas
“Their math is really spooky ( 10-31-12 )”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a $40.00 Groupon. Used $35.00 of it on dinner ( 2 people no alcohol ). When I got the bill, it was for $5.00. I told the waiter that I thought he probably had it backwards, that if I had $40.00 and spent $35.00, I would have $5.00 more to use NOT OWE $5.00. ( I didn't expect a refund ) He still said "I owe 5 dollars". I told him I thought he probably went to another school than I did, and asked him how he came to that figure. He said because I did not use the entire $40.00 Groupon. I said I know, that is why I do not owe $5.00! I asked him if I spent $5.00 more on a piece of cheesecake if we would be square then. He said no, I would owe $10.00. Folks, I'm not making this up! The Owner/Manager was behind the counter listening to the entire conversation. They spoke to each other in an Asian language, and he ( the waiter ) said I still owe $5.00 dollars. I left a tip, and we got up and hit the road ( I can't deal very long with that type of math ). I suspect they won't be around very long, a balanced checkbook is gonna be a bloody nightmare. Puting a Lincoln in his hand wouldn't make or break me....but sticking around much longer might have messed up my head more than it already is. Bring an abacus with you if you decide to eat there.

• Visited October 2012

North Houston, Texas
“Good Hibatchi Chefs and food but service needs work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

6:30 on a Sunday evening, 6 of us go with a Groupon hibachi dinner for 4. We had an additional Groupon for hibachi dinner for 2 but since it was same table it was not allowed. Ok, no problem but older hostess was alittle gruff about it.
Seated at hibachi table, they are large so it does make conversation from one end to the other hard but seating was comfortable. Dishware was interesting and cloth napkins, I didnt think it was dirty as one reviewer said but carpet in a place where flames and spray is flying around probably pretty hard to keep clean. Salt and pepper shakers on table didn't work..probably because of the hibachi cooking...a fume hood can't get rid of all the humidity-they need to clean those more often to keep them unclogged.
Drink orders fast, they were out of "hot tea" but had ice tea..strange but halfway though meal waitress came back and said it was now available...too late.
Soup and salad come with hibachi dinner, miso soup was lukewarm and tasteless..no miso visible. Salad was standard iceburg with thousand island looking dressing that had sesame oil added...actually pretty tasty. Both small portions. Which was fine because hibachi very good.
Chef was knowledgeable and altho there were no flaming hat tricks he really cooked the food well. Some of us had changed seats and he still got all the orders correct. Filet mignon was tender and tasty, calamari amazingly tender and flavorful. One person paid the extra 2.50 for fried rice...well worth it! huge portion -so much that chef gave spme to others at the table and just delish.
Steamed rice showed up by waitress about halfway through the meal with apologies from waitress...again - how can you not have steamed rice available when the meal is served?
Shrimp made with vodka on the hibachi was included in meal and was also excellent in preparation and taste.
So the verdict, the waitstaff needs alot of help. Hibachi chef was great. Table of 6 has 18% gratuity automatically added. We gave our hibachi chef an extra tip- total bill for 6 with a 3 imported beers and fried calimari appetizer was 100.00 after $40 groupon. not cheap but not bad.
I would come back, hopefully wait staff gets better. Had a family member tell me he had had the sushi here and the hibachi was the better option.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Funny chefs! Food needs work.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Made dinner reservations at 7:30PM as required by the Groupon I was using. Was seated immediately and then waited 30 minutes for someone to take our order. Waiter finally came over and kept apologizing for the wait because it was so busy, but it wasn't busy at all! Chef was old and his jokes were tired but my kids enjoyed them and they were clean. But clean jokes was about the only thing in the restaurant that was actually clean. The place was really dirty! There were stains all over the carpeted floor and walls from where the chefs had missed. Food was just o.k. and the sushi was better than the hibachi menu which ran about $19-$22 per entre.
Everyone there was using a groupon, which makes you wonder if they have any regular customers. I wouldn't go back but my boys enjoyed it.

• Visited September 2012
Texas
“Disappointed - Will not go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We walked into the restaurant, there were only 3 other parties seated. We were seated right against the wall at a hibachi table. I mean Right against the wall... it was cramped and uncomfortable. Our hostess took drink orders relatively quickly, but we then waited 30+ minutes for the "Chef" to arrive. He started cooking with the flames, the clanging and banging and flipping the utensils and it was fairly entertaining for a few minutes... when he started plating, he forgot the rice on one order and the shrimp on another... at the end of the meal, we waited, and waited for our bill to arrive, finally got up to find someone to close out our bill, then they took forever to process it. My impression of the place is that it is very amateurish, the competency level was sub standard so the quality of service was terrible. We thought we were going to a nice restaurant to enjoy a nice meal with some flair... didn't work out that way... I can only imagine how many first dates have been ruined here... Food quality you ask? average... I've had better at the chinese buffet... Price? 3 meals, 2 were steak and shrimp, one was filet mignon and shrimp, and a plate of sashimi, we all had water and no alcohol, it came out to $106, so I'd say the price was average... Biggest disappointments were the service and where they seated us. Definately won't see this place highlighted on any TV show... Not recommended

• Visited August 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“won't go back again horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

me and my husband went for lunch, i had purchased a gift card from kris the half off for 30$ when it came down to pay the lady said i could'nt use it. That it could only be used for dinner, no where on the ticket did it state it was for dinner only. Rip Off other if I had never gone to a habachi place and wanted to see a good show, this was not the place.. the hibachi cook did no show at all. very horrible for a habachi place.

• Visited May 2012