“Man O Man!”

Chicken Shack Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I love this place. The exterior is pretty soulless, a large aluminum building just off I-37, but the food makes you forget everything else. The chicken reminds me of my mother's, and is unlike any other I've found in restaurants: the crust is both moist and crisp and is a beautiful shade or two deeper than the honey-colored fried chicken that is found everywhere. The meat is perfectly textured and full of flavor. The onion rings,okra, and cornbread were also unlike any other, and also wonderful--you sensed that actual humans had made this food. The service was friendly and helpful. My only complaint about this place is that it's hundreds of miles from my home.

On second thought, and considering my weakness for food like this, maybe it's better that way!

1  Thank Madalo