“Exceptional dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Exceptional dinner”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We tried this restaurant based on reviews from Trip Advisor. There was one hiccup with the wine I ordered but it was efficiently corrected. The shrimp and oyster platter was some of the best we have ever eaten. The manager was attentive and apologized for the mixup with the wine. We will dine here again.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank owlwatcher

Bad Toelz, Germany
“Great place for seafood”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We love seafood and the Saltwater Grill is on our list of places to revisit. It's clean and though it's off the main throughfare, it tends to get crowded. Get there early. We'll be back there on our next trip home.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank JaimeFrancisco
Texas
“Lives up to the Hype!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Salt Water Grill 4/10/2012
We heard great things about this new restaurant on the Southside and the reviews have been awesome so we wanted to try it. We were not disappointed! It was absolutely delicious, friendly and reasonably priced. My husband, two boys and I went on a Tuesday after work, so it was not crowded. I arrived first and was seated immediately. The waitress brought a basket of homemade potato chips that were delicious and different. I ordered a glass of white wine which was delivered in a well chilled glass along with a glass of water that I didn’t have to ask for. The atmosphere was very nice, neat and not cluttered. The bar sits along the back wall and features two TVs, which were not loud.
The menu features grilled seafood, but they offer other items such as salads, a burger, fried seafood, a rib eye and a few chicken selections. I was debating which special to order, the Pan-seared Mahi Mahi or Pan-seared Snapper in butter reduction, when the man at the next table raved to the waitress about the Pan-seared Mahi Mahi with Portobello mushroom bread pudding and a mushroom sauce. He compared the dish to something Emeril Lagasse would serve! I had to have what he was having. It was perfection! The Mahi Mahi was a thick cut, very moist and perfectly seasoned. The mushroom bread pudding was equally outstanding and unusual. The Portobello mushrooms really stood out in the pudding. The dish came with a side of perfectly steamed broccoli. The special was $16.95 and I did not finish it all. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day.
My husband ordered the Cajun shrimp and scallops with pasta. He devoured the entire plate. The scallops were tender, the shrimp were firm and the Cajun spices were well blended and not too spicy.
My 11 year old ordered the Shrimp Scampi with Linguini. He couldn’t get enough of the sauce! It was just the right blend of butter and bright lemon flavors. Both pasta dishes came with a salad and they chose Caesar which was quite big dinner salads.
My 9 year old ordered the Chicken Fried Steak with steamed veggies and Lyonnais potatoes. He ate the entire steak! Of course he didn’t finish his vegetables, but they were wonderfully crisp and I ate them the next day with my fish.
The entire bill was under $90.00 for four people and 2 bar drinks. (My kids refuse to order the kids menu anymore).
Salt Water Grill lives up to the hype! We will definitely return!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank f18pilot
La Center, Kentucky
“This is a good seafood restaurant, no doubt about it!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

For our anniversary, my sister and brother-in-law took us out to Saltwater girll. Ordered was two broiled flounders (not on the menu), two fried oyster dinners, and one shrimp and oyster combo. The waiter was very courteous and prompt with the filling of drinks and engaged in light conversation. While we waited, we were given warm potato chips, which were delicious.
When the food arrived, everything looked great. The food was hot and delicious. I had about five oysters on my plate and they were all nice-sized. I wished there was a couple more on the plate, but for the price, it was enough. I was told that the fish was delicious as were the shrimp.
The only thing I did not like was the cole slaw. It consisted of shredded cabbage with some thin dressing that barely had any flavor. After two bites, I gave it a proper burial with my napkin.
Overall, we had a great time enjoying the wonderful atmosphere and eating some darn good seafood. We will be coming back for sure!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jim H
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great seafood”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Really like the mahi. Thick moist seasoned well and cooked perfectly. Not a full bar. Wine and beer. Moderately priced

Visited February 2012