“German food in Texas!”

JB's German Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: German, Cafe, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Coral, Florida
“German food in Texas!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

With a small deli counter feel, this restaurant offers fresh breads and pastries, prepared in German style. You make your selections and they are prepared for you. They have traditional German style meats and all are well-prepared. We even took home some quiche from there and it reheated beautifully for breakfast. It isn't fancy but if you like this type of food, it is very good. And one of the only places on the island to get freshly baked bread.

• Visited February 2014

“Love and miss this place”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

While living in Corpus I visited this place quite often. Great food, friendly people. I HIGHLY recommend it. I always buy so much bread and pastries and have had their breakfasts and lunches. I've moved away, but every time I'm in Corpus I head to the island.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I visited the German Bakery yesterday upon reading good reviews. Unfortunately we will not be returning as my husband got bad food poisoning eating their brisket strudel. We would not recommend anyone else going there either.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Soriah83
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
“Rueben Sandwich was excellent!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Husband and I stopped in for lunch a couple days ago. We split a rueben sandwich, which was one of the best I've ever eaten. Half a sandwich was more than enough for each of us. It was well toasted, oozing with cheese, sauerkraut (homemade) and Thousand Island dressing. The corned beef was tender and succulent! We took a piece of peach and cream cheese strudel for dessert later. The strudel was one of the best desserts I've ever had, and the portion was huge. It lasted us two nights. We are going back next week for dinner. The cafe serves all three meals, offering child's and senior menus. They offer a huge selection of baked goods--breads, rolls, quiches, pies, etc. We were impressed with how quickly we received our order, as it was lunch time, and the place was packed with customers.

• Visited January 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
“Wonderful German Bakery”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stop here regularly to pick up pastries and breads. We love their strudels and pies! Bread and rolls are top notch too. Our absolute favorite is the apple strudel, but they do a lovely job with desserts featuring poppy seeds, hazelnuts, plums, etc. This place is both a restaurant and a bakery, but we have not dined here so I can not rate the restaurant operation.

• Visited January 2014