“German bakery in Corpus Christi”

JB's German Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a small German bakery in Corpus Christi! who would have thought of this!
Anyway, this is a great place for breakfast specially after spending some time in the beach the night before. Highly recommend you to stop by and give it a try!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food for breakfast or lunch, great friendly service. Old building, but nice atmosphere. Outside patio is dog friendly but it's very hot. Better to eat inside.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find this cafe! It is so cute and quaint located on the mainstreet of Padre Island. Delicious food and pastries. Free parking. Indoor seating or outdoors on the deck overlooking a small marsh. Quick friendly service.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have never been to Germany so I can not vouch for how authentic it is is, but I found the food amazing. The strudel and bread was amazing, I wanted to try one of everything. I recommend this as a stop to anyone in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate here twice on our short vacation after it was recommended by a local. Very pleased. Once for breakfast and once for dinner. The breads and pastries were amazing. I did not care for the quiche. My father is an immigrant from Germany whose father owned a bakery. He said the baker/owner has the skills of a Master Baker. Most of the dinner items were delicious. We would recommend the the Ruben, meatballs, and bratwurst. My side salad was very fresh. The schnitzel was a little dry and chewy. The restaurant has large family tables, however, we would have preferred table wait service at dinner instead of the ordering at the counter.