“Quaint, Old-World Charm!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This small, German cafe is filled with mouth-watering homemade pastries and breads! Go in the morning for breakfast--veggie omelets 5$ and coffee, free refills. Go early--still worth the wait in line. Outdoor deck in back. Peaceful, charming and a dang good place to drink coffee and chat up your daydreams.

There are newer reviews for JB's German Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We headed here on our way out of the North Padre area, hoping to sit down with a good pastry and some coffee. We just assumed they have coffee there, since this is a BAKERY. so we ordered three pastries and asked for a half decaf...um.....NO DECAF. Oh jeez...if I would have known that I would never have even stopped there. We took our pastries to go and went down to the Whataburger. Also, the pastries were just ok...the shorbread cookie with the nutella was very crumbly and dry. The apple danish was good and the raspberry pillow was according to my hubby, "Ok".

1  Thank ciera1love
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Lunch with friends took us to this 'out of the way' eatery. German food cooked by German folks make a tasty and delicious meal. The lunch specials were served hot and fresh. The salads were cold and colorful. The sandwichs' were big and bountiful. BUT the breads and pastries were out of this world. Do yourself a favor and make you way to this tasty place for breakfast. lunch or an early dinner.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I happen to come across this bakery while killing time waiting to meet some friends at a nearby deli shop. I was impressed by the warmth of the employees. The atmosphere is charming. Nice place to enjoy a pastry and read a bit. The baked goods are made daily. A plus. Some bakeries are known to have "leftovers". Lol. I ordered some croissants, raspberry filled pastries, cinnamon rolls, and a few other things. All delicious! The service was fast. The prices are fair. Told some folks about it. They all agreead it was worth the drive to the island. I certainly will be back for more. Two thumbs up!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The sweet aroma of baked goods attacks the senses as soon you walk through the door. The visual of all the breads and pastries continues to awaken your senses. I should have just gotten a baked ood and coffee since this is a bakery and cafe but we went late in the evening and was excited to have a home cooked German meal(my husband's grandparents were from Germany and are forever seeking out great German food; a side note, we found it aplenty in the Hill Country). The supposedly authentic dish was unusual tasting, I couldn't stomach it Because I did not finish my meal, I had lts of room left over so I had a baked hood and coffee: it was awesome, I could use so many words to describe it, just go taste fr yourself. You will not be disappointed in the bakery and coffee, just stay away from the dinner menu.