“Worth the trip!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I happen to come across this bakery while killing time waiting to meet some friends at a nearby deli shop. I was impressed by the warmth of the employees. The atmosphere is charming. Nice place to enjoy a pastry and read a bit. The baked goods are made daily. A plus. Some bakeries are known to have "leftovers". Lol. I ordered some croissants, raspberry filled pastries, cinnamon rolls, and a few other things. All delicious! The service was fast. The prices are fair. Told some folks about it. They all agreead it was worth the drive to the island. I certainly will be back for more. Two thumbs up!!!

There are newer reviews for JB's German Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The sweet aroma of baked goods attacks the senses as soon you walk through the door. The visual of all the breads and pastries continues to awaken your senses. I should have just gotten a baked ood and coffee since this is a bakery and cafe but we went late in the evening and was excited to have a home cooked German meal(my husband's grandparents were from Germany and are forever seeking out great German food; a side note, we found it aplenty in the Hill Country). The supposedly authentic dish was unusual tasting, I couldn't stomach it Because I did not finish my meal, I had lts of room left over so I had a baked hood and coffee: it was awesome, I could use so many words to describe it, just go taste fr yourself. You will not be disappointed in the bakery and coffee, just stay away from the dinner menu.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

1st visit to North Padre Island since summer of 2009 and this one was a very pleasant addition to the dining "scene" there. Best Rueben I have had in years. Fantastic bakery items. Took lots back to SA.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Good selection of bread and the great pastries. Regretfully, we didn't visit until our last day on the island, but did take some goodies for the road.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Really great pastries. If you like homemade baked goods then you have to stop here. Very quick service, friendly staff.