“Don't stay here, smells bad and is full of rust” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi

Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #73 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't stay here, smells bad and is full of rust”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel has a strong nasty smell; a combination of mold, rust and old. I booked it for a get-away-weekend with my family and the pictures that advertised the hotel in the "booking.com" website looked very good and it was placed as a 3 stars hotel, NOT SO. The place was not cheap, and it was not worth it. The pool was filthy, the carpet smelled bad! BAD EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Everyone else done said it... It's out of date smelled bad like urine. Room was out of date paint pealing off the wall holes and worst of all fleas... Made us run out the room! Will not recommend this place to no one but recommend to tear it down or close it.. Just had a bad experience there and felt like cris rock running down the street in the movie friday looking every where on my body thinking i had something jump/ crawl on me!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilliaRodriguez

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I just want to say the way the staff treated my family and I was so rude! First of all the room was horrible! It smelled of mold and dead bugs. We looked at the bathroom and there was hair and mold all inside the shower. The beds smelled so nav as If they didn't wash the sheets. The AC also didn't work and when we told the young man he ignored us and gave a lame excuse as to why it wasn't working. When we called to ask for a fan the man told us to get it ourselves and pretty much threw it at us. Our stay was the worst ever! We also paid 135 for a two doubles bed! The price is crazy, staff is rude, disgusting rooms, and the ac doesnt work. I will also let everyone I know to never stay there ever!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank bailey7693
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

You can just smell the mold as soon as you open the door. The door of our room had holes rusting through it. The a/c had been on very low for hours and the room didn't get cold so my husband who is in HVAC tech and took out the filter and it looked like it hadn't been changed in years. There is mold around the vent,rust all over inside. We are moving and our cat is with us and something told me to check her. Big mistake she got INFESTED with fleas. They are crawling all over her and she is scratching. A vet bill was NOT included in our moving fund. It you can't bring a pet with fleas to your new place. Do NOT STAY here!!!! They need to add 0s to the rating scale.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Emquigmart
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Upon arrival, the manager was very rude. The room was filthy. The bedding very old and stunk. There were bugs. When we talked to the manager, he assured us that the room was cleaned daily. I suspect, by a blind person. The air conditioner blew 2 levels, freezing or not at all. I woke during the night and found a cockroach in the sink. We have traveled the world and never stayed at such a dump. The second night there, we stayed at another hotel, and they told us, they never suggest this hotel because of the bad things said about it.
Hopefully, you remove them from your sight, they aren't going to help you get repeat bookings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ina S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived there was a smell to the place (lobby) and our room. I had maintenance clean out the filter for air conditioner and smell resolved. The front desk day clerk is rude but a little kindness made her mellow out and we had no problem with staff. The staff gave use enough towels for all the everyone and adults and children but we did have to ask.The mattresses were hard and I checked the room thoroughly. No bed bugs or critters anywhere, excellent! Yes... They need to spruce up the place it's a old building. They do allow pets and maybe that's a major reason for the smell. Maybe they should not allow pets. Our room was some what clean except for air conditioner filter. We never saw any reminence of a Continental Breakfast. Location is beautiful. Pool was dirty! There were wrappers from cigarrettes and cigarrete buds around the pool the second day we stayed there. Staff cleaned it up. Pool needed water and was filled and treated by staff. Overall the stay was decent. I would of expected more out of the place for the price charged per night..... I booked through Hotels.com. I will definately research were to stay before they recommend where to stay and before booking. Traveler beware!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank demijacos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I made reservations for what a appeared to be a great location tied with a great rate. THAT WAS FAR from the truth. As the GPS counted down to the last turn my worst nightmare came to be! The eye sore that I spotted a few streets down was the end of my destination. TRASH, pealing paint, curtains falling from from the curtain rod and a smell from hell! Ugh! The service fit the location to the T. I immediately canceled my two day reservation and those stinky heads still charged my credit card for one night. DO NOT EVER STAY or Go near that place because you might have a roach or bed bug jump on you. RUN!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012