“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #73 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
“Worst hotel ever”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Upon arrival, the manager was very rude. The room was filthy. The bedding very old and stunk. There were bugs. When we talked to the manager, he assured us that the room was cleaned daily. I suspect, by a blind person. The air conditioner blew 2 levels, freezing or not at all. I woke during the night and found a cockroach in the sink. We have traveled the world and never stayed at such a dump. The second night there, we stayed at another hotel, and they told us, they never suggest this hotel because of the bad things said about it.
Hopefully, you remove them from your sight, they aren't going to help you get repeat bookings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived there was a smell to the place (lobby) and our room. I had maintenance clean out the filter for air conditioner and smell resolved. The front desk day clerk is rude but a little kindness made her mellow out and we had no problem with staff. The staff gave use enough towels for all the everyone and adults and children but we did have to ask.The mattresses were hard and I checked the room thoroughly. No bed bugs or critters anywhere, excellent! Yes... They need to spruce up the place it's a old building. They do allow pets and maybe that's a major reason for the smell. Maybe they should not allow pets. Our room was some what clean except for air conditioner filter. We never saw any reminence of a Continental Breakfast. Location is beautiful. Pool was dirty! There were wrappers from cigarrettes and cigarrete buds around the pool the second day we stayed there. Staff cleaned it up. Pool needed water and was filled and treated by staff. Overall the stay was decent. I would of expected more out of the place for the price charged per night..... I booked through Hotels.com. I will definately research were to stay before they recommend where to stay and before booking. Traveler beware!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank demijacos
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I made reservations for what a appeared to be a great location tied with a great rate. THAT WAS FAR from the truth. As the GPS counted down to the last turn my worst nightmare came to be! The eye sore that I spotted a few streets down was the end of my destination. TRASH, pealing paint, curtains falling from from the curtain rod and a smell from hell! Ugh! The service fit the location to the T. I immediately canceled my two day reservation and those stinky heads still charged my credit card for one night. DO NOT EVER STAY or Go near that place because you might have a roach or bed bug jump on you. RUN!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank GobinamS

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Temple, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter is staying at this hotel right now and the room has little to no air conditioning, hardly any towels and is disgusting...can a member of management do something to correct this situation...(4) girls to (2) twin beds, can a rollaway be delivered, can fans be set up??

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here recently. We had 3 full size beds. The reviews are a bit harsh! First off, it is on the bay and the humidity is high, so yes, the room smells strange, but within a day you are used to it. The room was old, but clean. Not immaculate for those with OCD (you can pay higher hotel prices to feel better I guess), but clean; no visible dirt or hair. No bugs! The cleaning ladies were wonderful! I can't stress that enough! They were so kind and made sure our family of 5 plus a baby had plenty of fresh towels, tp, Kleenex, and room cleaned as we allowed! There is a on site laundry room. We would stay here again! We saved a lot of money by staying here! On the down side: the pool is only 3-4 ft deep and not kept clean and the hotel charged us for all the days 2 days before we checked out.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank NrzBrandy
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here on 6/23/12, I was in a pinch and this was literally the only place available so I jumped on it. I should have started running as fast as I could the other way! It was $170 for a two bed room, which its whatever because of the prime location. But this place should not be ripping people off like that, they know what they DON'T have, they have to. The bed was about two feet off the ground with about a 6 inch thick matress. Couldent even be in the room anymore so we went out on the town, I figured I would be buzzed enough to not care about the deplorable conditions when I got back. NOT the case! I took the loss and we all left back to alice. If you think it is reckless to drive back after drinking, you haven't seen this place. In my opinion we took the safer route by leaving.....SAVE YOUR MONEY! YOU'LL FEEL BETTER IF U DRINK THAT AMOUNT DOWNTOWN THAN LOOSE IT IN THIS DISCUSTING,GHETTO,RUN DOWN, SORRY EXCUSE OF A HOTEL. Please! Take this and all the other advice into concideration before u check in....

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Niko_361
houston
Reviewed June 22, 2012

-DO NOT go near this place. It is without a doubt the "Bates Motel" and I am not exaggeration . The rooms are deplorable - in total and complete disrepair. NASTY, NASTY - UNCLEAN AND LOTS OF ODOR. The place has not been updated since the beginning of time. I had booked a room for three nights. After the first night, I checked out, running. I asked to change rooms, but the desk attendant insisted that they had no other rooms available in the obviously deserted motel. She was not the sharpest tool in the shed. When I asked for more towels and extra light bulbs, she looked at me like I was speaking Martian. Fortunately they refunded my money for the two remaining nights. I had told the desk attendant that I wanted to pay cash and that the credit card was only to secure the room but they immediately put charges on the card. They have the unmitigated gall to actually charge people for staying here. Stay Away!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business