“A nice tribute to Selena”
Review of Selena Museum

Selena Museum
Ranked #10 of 100 things to do in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

You can see Selena's recording studio, her car, her awards, her awesome outfits and other Selena memorabilia. It cost $3 and it's worth it. The family did a good job and it was touching. Of course, it's hard not to be sad when you think about someone so talented, beautiful and happy being murdered so young. It's also worth going to see the statute on Bayfront/downtown. That's a nice area to walk around anyway.

(If you visit the Selena museum, the Mexican restaurant across the street is really good)

10  Thank Melisa25
There are newer reviews for Selena Museum

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were there late, had been there earlier. Had some great art work from children, it is in a great location with the water and pier behind the monument, the city in front of her. what I liked most was the artwork

4  Thank BarbaraS460
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not worth it. The museum is really small and you get the feeling of being followed. The guys that run the museum are not very friendly. They were kinda rude.

4  Thank KJA30
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I love this part of Corpus she was such a beautiful person and she will always be remember in her home town , I wish I had met her but she is in a better place. Iam glad she will always be remember. Thanks for a nice place to remember her next to the ocean.

5  Thank JuanOrnelas
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I thought the museum was very adorable. It was only $3, so it was definitely reasonably priced and worth my time. Selena's cousin was the one giving us our mini tour, so that was kind of neat. It is the site of Selena's original recording studio which is pretty cool. There were a lot of little trinkets in the museum that were great, I thought it was strange I was not allowed to bring my camera or cell phone in there to take pictures. I'm thinking it was because Selena designed a lot of her own clothing and some of her patterns and drawings are on display maybe they do not want anyone to copy her ideas? I'm not sure, but the camera thing was definitely strange. Other than that I really enjoyed it and the staff was very friendly and willing to take pictures of us in the lobby (the only place cameras were allowed).

6  Thank LeslieLorraine