“Different options” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brewster Street Ice House
Ranked #34 of 690 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“Different options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We are there for lunch. We had the chips and queso. They were very good. The chips we different. Very thick. I had the tortilla burger with onion rings. It was so good and big. I could only eat half. It was two tortillas with hamburger refried beans lettuce tomatoes onion and cheese. The onion rings were made my favorite way in a fall apart batter. My son had the catfish which was great by husband had the Philly. I didn't like it because it was too greasy. Overall everyone in the family enjoyed what they had. Others had fish po boys and chicken fried steak. I liked it better than blackbeards and we would eat there again.

Winnsboro, United States
“A different lunch atmospher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food here was realy good and the prices wer also good. We didn' t realize that ice house mean bar but it was decorated very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and it was a nice quite lunch. We enjoyed this one very much.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, TX
“Mediocre Grub-in-a-Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to have dinner here after we picked up our race packets for the Conquer the Coast bike event we were participating in.

We started to sit outside, but the band was starting up and it was way too loud for our taste (we like to talk to each other over dinner). :) So . . . you order at a window . . . they give you a number on a stick . . . then after awhile someone comes looking for you with your food. He and I both ordered catfish and shrimp. I ordered a side salad and fries with mine. The salad was wilted . . . yep . . . like it had been sitting on the plate for quite some time. My husband ordered his with green beans and mashed potatoes. We were pretty disappointed with the quality of food for the price we paid ($37.00 for both plates before tax). Service was terrible and I don't think we had the same person each time they 'waited' on us. This is not some place where we'll eat again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joy S
Midland, Texas
“We will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is in a perfect location near the tourist sites and downtown. The food was good, especially the shrimp tacos. At night, this place becomes a music venue that is suitable for people of all ages. We will be back!

Visited August 2013
Port Isabel, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lacking Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very few customers in restaurant.Had to go to bar to get drinks for myself and my wife.Bartender was eating peanut butter and talking to only person at bar.I ordered michelada's and was asked if I liked them spicy, and i said just a little.I stood at the bar for 8 to 10 minutes ,while bartender was searching for ingredient's, answering phone call's, selling concert ticket's and eating peanut butter and I don't know what else.The michelada's were so hot I had to ask for 2 glasses of ice and to more beer's to mix with our two other drink's to try and cool them down.I got a heartburn instantly.When the food was delivered,the ribeye philly was just about as hot.The cook either put to much montreal steak seasoning,or pepper on the sandwich.My tongue was as hot as a jalapeno pepper,and so was I.There was no one that worked there, that even gave a s--t.With lack of service from bartender and no wait staff,no sight of manager on floor,and bus boy (man) watching tv .How would you feel ? I had been looking forward to coming to your Ice House all week.This experience left me very dissapointed.

• Visited August 2013