“Kids choice”

Cracker Barrel Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 691 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Kids choice”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I'm not a fan of Cracker Barrel food, but my girls LOVE it, so we stop once per trip that we make. My daughter loves their macaroni and cheese. I enjoy looking around their gift shop while we wait to be seated. The servers are always nice and take good care of us.

Visited August 2013

Rockport, Texas
“Bad food!!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have gone to Cracker barrel before and have had a bad experience ,we decided to give them a second chance. What a joke ! I ordered the chicken fried steak special ,my meal was ok ,but my wife ordered the lunch special which was meat loaf ,what a joke her plate was! A small pile of mashed potatoes and a sliver so small of meat loaf a new born baby would still be hungry after eating it! We called the waitress over and asked her if we ordered off the child's plate. She took the plate rudely and several minutes later the manager brought my wife a new plate which looked exactly like the first! He came and slapped her new plate down, and didn't say a word! It was just a tiny piece of meat with a small pile of mashed potatoes nothing else!! My wife was just astounded! After waiting for almost 30 minutes to be seated and being pushed back twice by the incompetent staff that was seating people it was just a joke on top of a joke!, I was so disappointed they served her that!! The chicken fried steak was a frozen patty and the mashed potatoes a tasteless mess! We didn't even get butter for our bread and my wife had to get up and get ketchup from another table! We did not get refills on our drinks either--we did however leave a five dollar tip as we know the waitress was not well trained!
NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!! They don't care about you the customer they don't care about anything but herding you in and out as fast as possible. We eat out a lot as we have very busy schedules and very little time to cook and we will take our money to a restaurant that actually cares if we enjoyed our meal and that cares if we spend our hard earned money with them! just a bad time from start to finish! 2 thumbs down!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank michelle p
South Padre Island, Texas
“Really like the food”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Food is really good here, home cooked meal and good service. Fresh cornbread and biscuits. Delicious tea

Visited February 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Does bland sound familiar”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I haven't eaten at Cracker Barrel in years and had forgotten much about it.
My wife and I decided to give it a try Saturday night.
From being seated almost in the entryway, to being told that their drink machine was broken so beverage choices were very limited.
We both decided on Chicken and dumplings thinking we needed some good old comfort food. We couldn't have been more disappointed. We were presented with an anemic plate of something that was supposedly chicken and dumplings. which was tasteless as paste even the salad was bland to the point of being tasteless.
If I ever get the misguided urge to eat there again I'll reread this review and stay home.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST EVER”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting since my kids were babies. Now they are grown adults and still get together as a reunion, and now also with grandkids. Great atmosphere and service, shopping a plus for the old fashion candy. We just love it. Thank you for a great place.