“Lack of service”

Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #77 of 708 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife's entree arrived at the sam time mine did. I ordered the Salmon and my wife ordered the Lasagna (Spangna). My wife order was missing a second piece of garlic toast the waiter said it would be ordered and brought back to her. She went to take a bite of the one piece of toast and it was burnt on one side (it was the side facing down). The waiter came by and past us like a breeze giving the new garlic toast to another table. He kinda of said sorry and said he was ordering another order.
We finally saw our original waitress and told her about the mix up, by then I was done eating and my wife was not happy. The order was finally complete 30 minutes later we asked for carry out and our check.
Well, the check never came it felt like hotel California you can check in but you can't checkout. 10 minutes later I had to hunt down a manager who swipted my card and left me hanging. The staff was so out of control not able to adjust in peak periods. Inexperience and poor management during our dining experience.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Relatively new casual restaurant in Corpus Christi. Food prices are very reasonable! Good selection and great staff! This is my second review of this restaurant, this visit was just as good as our previous visit. We were fortunate to get the same server as our last visit, Garret. Restaurant was crowded, but we were seated relatively quickly. Garret made recommendations, took the orders and was back in a flash with accurate meals. Service was fantastic! It is a casual restaurant; I would recommend it for outings with family and friends. Excellent value!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

For a franchise restaurant (although most are company owned) it is surprising that the service and food is consistent within the organization. Have now dined at several in different cities in Texas and so far, all of them have friendly staff, exceptional service and great food. The lunch and dinner menus are great. Enjoyed the salmon dinner at this one and the salmon was grilled perfectly, fresh and served on a bed of rice with two sides. My guest has the 8oz sirloin and was prepared rare as requested. The prices are inexpensive for the meal that you receive. The only downside I have found dining at Cheddars is that it is very noisy. Poor acoustics, but not bad enough to enjoy a great meal.

3  Thank bonaventure
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time to a Cheddars restaurant and was impressed. We were immediately seated. Our group of six waited 5-10minutes before a waiter greeted us and took our drink order. All the dishes servef at the tables lookef appetizing and latge quantities. We ordered the Dijon Chicken and Mushrooms, two chicken tender platters, sirlion steak dinner, chicken pot pie and grilled tilapia. Only two of those dishes were completely eaten. We had to take the rest home. Each dish was cooked to right temp and each dish we ordered was what we were served. While eating the manager checked on us and the waiter told us his favorite desserts. For dessert were planned to try the "minis" they completely sold out. Great food at a great price.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I can't remember what I ate here, but I do recall the frozen margaritas were worth the 20 minute seating wait. It is a clean building, very busy....not the place to go if you are in a hurry.