“Great margaritas!”

Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #77 of 708 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I can't remember what I ate here, but I do recall the frozen margaritas were worth the 20 minute seating wait. It is a clean building, very busy....not the place to go if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived @ 6PM Sunday evening, parking lot was quite full, but not fully packed; it was busy. We had a party of 8. Hostess estimated 30 minutes, then about 5 minutes later she revised it and told us 15 minutes, then about 5 minutes later again, she had a table open for us. Our server Garrett was on us immediately to get drink and appetizer orders, he made a few quick recommendations then was back in a flash with our drinks. Menu had a good variety of items and the prices were very very reasonable, 12 oz. ribeye for $12.99... it cost that much to buy it at the market! When Garrett brought our meal to the table, each order was correct and looked good. He checked on us regularly during the meal, refilled drinks, removed empties, etc... A very good server. The athmosphere is casual, excellent for families, good for business lunches, OK for date nights out, etc... This was an excellent dining experience at a casual restaurant. In my opinion, our server Garrett made the meal spectacular. Nothing specific, he jus did his job and did it very well. I would definately recommend this restaurant. Thanks for a great evening.

Corpus Christi
5855 South Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78412

Phone: (361) 906-0700

Reviewed August 21, 2012

we celebrated my neice's birthday here with a big party. we had one waiter who handled our party well which included 9 kids and 7 adults. the food was ok but plentyful. the waiter never let any of our drinks go empty.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went on a Saturday evening about 8:00 p.m.. We were told there would be a 20-25 minute wait, which we expected. After about 35 minutes I checked to see where we were on the list and was told only two parties ahead of us. After another 15 or so minutes I heard them telling people there would be a 45 minute wait but I also noticed no one was being seated at all. Finally they started telling people that they were told not to seat anyone for a while because they were backed up "in the back". We should have left like a lot of smarter people did, but we kept hoping that since we were so close to the top of the list, they would seat us pretty soon. Well, after an hour and 5 mins we finally go to a table. I asked the waiter what was going on as I had seen two cooks come walking in the front door after we had been waiting awhile. He said one cook had been fired and another one walked out so they had to call in other help. It took forever to get our food (an 8 yr old in our party fell asleep waiting on the food and never got to eat at all) and when it arrived it was terrible. I've eaten at Cheddar's restaurants many times and have always thought it to be great food but this was pitiful. One of the plates they brought out belonged to another table. It was chicken strips and ribs not our steak and ribs and we had picked up one of the chicken strips trying to figure out what it was. When we told the waiter it was the wrong food he said "oh they mixed up the order with another table and off he went with it. So I'm sure someone got a plate of food that we had touched....yuk! Hope the same didn't happen to the one we finally got. Nothing was cooked right, no seasoning on the steaks at all and bar-b-q sauce on the ribs was extremely spicy. When we complained to the waiter about the sauce, his reply was "that's how it's made". No offer to replace them with something else and no apology. Maybe we just picked the wrong night to try this Cheddar's but I was embarrassed that I was the one that said "let's go to Cheddar's, they have pretty good food". Boy was I wrong. I'm not a person who sends food back or says they won't pay for it but I sure wish I had that night. I'd never go here again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

They have very good food, but they season their breading with some kind of peppery spice which I do not like nor want on my food. I wish they would warn the customer that their breading is spicy. For me if I want a spicy batter on my shrimp I will go to Popeyes. For now I will have to get my fried and breaded shrimp from Red Lobster. The steak my husband was having was great, though.